Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Well, brothers & sisters... At risk of sounding "nutty" - I will give my own experience. About 35 years ago, I was in a car with my family. I was in the backseat and we were driving back on a very dark highway, returning home from visiting my grandparents. My father was driving and had his eyes on the road, my mom (also in the front seat) younger brother and 2 older sisters were all sleeping. (We had a station wagon at that time.) My younger sister and I were awake. There were no streetlights out and the only lights came from car headlights on the highway. It was pretty late and the highway was not very busy. I remember sensing something very bright overhead and looking up and seeing something that I didn't know what it was. I pointed up at it and my little sister looked up and I KNOW that she saw it. In the next split second it made a very strange movement (it had been hovering) and it went one way and then another way - extremely quickly, like a zigzag and then it was gone.

We went home and to bed and never talked about it. I had the strangest, creepiest feeling about it and really didn't want to discuss it. I would say I was probably about 14 or 15 at the time. Many years later, I would bring it up and my sister would deny ever seeing it.

I can't really describe the shape or much about the visual appearance of it, I just remember it was like nothing I'd ever seen before - and, especially notable, was the way that it MOVED...

Jassy,

I am gradually going back and reading all of these experiences, thanks to you and Bro. Tony for your stories and the others who took time to type out what happened to them. I notice you and Winman had the same negative or "creepy" feelings after seeing these things, that is very interesting.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Jassy,

I am gradually going back and reading all of these experiences, thanks to you and Bro. Tony for your stories and the others who took time to type out what happened to them. I notice you and Winman had the same negative or "creepy" feelings after seeing these things, that is very interesting.
Bro Parrish,

I was trying to remember back in these posts... I think it was you that had asked if any of these people have had any of these experiences since being saved by faith. For me, YES once, last year. It was around Christmas time - and I didn't have up any Christmas lights and there were colored lights in the sky - way up beyond the tops of the trees. No one had Christmas tree lights up there. And since I didn't have any Christmas lights up... it wasn't being reflected onto the window.

I've just reported what I saw. I'm not saying it's anything good or bad. It just happened and I saw it. I don't know what to make of it. I cannot write myself off as crazy because I'm very grounded in the Word of God. Besides that, I looked for every other possible explanation. Were there any lights around that could be reflecting into the sky? Was it just a one-time fast thing? I left that window and came back and looked from several angles, and it was still visible.
I tired of looking at it and don't know what ever happened.

What was it? No idea. I'm not saying it was aliens or something out-of-the-ordinary. Just something that I couldn't find an explanation for.

In fact, I don't believe in aliens or spaceships. As I said in my last post, there are things that we don't know about - inventions, stuff the government hides from us, the ability to cloak objects (yes it is REAL) and make them actually "disappear" although they are still there. Such things are invented for a purpose - which may not be a good one.

Still my trust is in the Lord and His Word.

Jassy
Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 AM

http://www.thebereancall.org/node/4915
Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
I tried to find it free on the internet (sorry, Dave) but no luck. I wasn't aware of this video. I have LOVED Dave Hunt since I became a christian in Portland, OR (Dave is close by in Bend, OR). His writings helped me to: put to rest my doubts about eternal security, the character of God, and my own salvation; see the slanderous lies of Calvinism against God's character. Years ago, his books taught me about apostasy in the church, occultism creeping into the churches, the problem with christian psychology, the new age movement, occultism in it's many forms...suffice it to say this man has had more influence on me than any other Bible teacher.

The only thing I can recall ever having disagreed with him on is when I heard him say, and this is from memory but it's pretty close to what he said, "I just can't believe that angels mated with human women before the flood". Any person that takes a position based on "I just can't believe" does not have an open mind and may miss the truth of the matter altogether. I am interested to find out what Dave's position is on UFO's/aliens vis a vis the Nephalim.

I have also always wished that Dave would have taken a stronger stand for the KJV and against corrupted versions.
Thanks for posting this.

Last edited by greenbear; 05-27-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I tried to find it free on the internet (sorry, Dave) but no luck. I wasn't aware of this video. I have LOVED Dave Hunt since I became a christian in Portland, OR (Dave is close by in Bend, OR). His writings helped me to: put to rest my doubts about eternal security, the character of God, and my own salvation; see the slanderous lies of Calvinism against God's character. Years ago, his books taught me about apostasy in the church, occultism creeping into the churches, the problem with christian psychology, the new age movement, occultism in it's many forms...suffice it to say this man has had more influence on me than any other Bible teacher.

The only thing I can recall ever having disagreed with him on is when I heard him say, and this is from memory but it's pretty close to what he said, "I just can't believe that angels mated with human women before the flood". Any person that takes a position based on "I just can't believe" does not have an open mind and may miss the truth of the matter altogether. I am interested to find out what Dave's position is on UFO's/aliens vis a vis the Nephalim.

I have also always wished that Dave would have taken a stronger stand for the KJV and against corrupted versions.
Thanks for posting this.
Sister, Dave is not the only one who don;t believe angels mated with human women. We had a discussion of it based on Scripture, here in the forum, there are several factors don't sit right. I mean it makes a great scifi/horror story, but I don't see the purpose or even any evidence that God created angels with genitalia or would even allow them to do this with human women. Too many KJV believers who would never go to the Greek or Hebrew go to the Hebrew with the "nephilim" and "fallen ones". Like fervent KJV defender Dr. Ruckman goes to the Hebrew on the "gap" theory. The teaching is that the son's of God, who were angels, made wives of women, and produced giants. Then on of them was a relative of one of Noah's daughter in laws or possibly his wife, as it says also "after that". These giants were "mighty" and men of "renown". "renown" is defined in the Scriptures as "famous" most of all, and not necessarily evil. I think here are the roots of Jupiter, Zeus, Apollo, famous men who were later worshipped as gods. Paul says there are things that become sound doctrine and then there are fables. I think the Legend Of The Fornicating Angels is a fable, like "Lilith", the demon wife of Adam, or Satan copulating with Eve to produce Cain..

Dave Hunt was a pretty solid NIV man who used the KJV to support maybe a better reading of something he wanted to say. He was a Cherry-Pecker, like I have seen Gloria Copeland do with 5 versions of the bible on a podium. First book I ever read was The God Makers, about Mormons. I think he's old, physically ill(prostate cancer) and tired. He made the statement that even though he has not read Gail Ripplinger's books defending the KJV, she is still wrong. Real erudite scholarship. Though I have never met you, I think you are too tall for a woman.

We admire men and women of the faith, nearly always they will let us down some wayor other. Even I, a walking Scriptural encyclopedia, am not always right, yet I am never wrong

Grace and peace

Apollos
Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Sister, Dave is not the only one who don;t believe angels mated with human women. We had a discussion of it based on Scripture, here in the forum, there are several factors don't sit right. I mean it makes a great scifi/horror story, but I don't see the purpose or even any evidence that God created angels with genitalia or would even allow them to do this with human women. Too many KJV believers who would never go to the Greek or Hebrew go to the Hebrew with the "nephilim" and "fallen ones". Like fervent KJV defender Dr. Ruckman goes to the Hebrew on the "gap" theory. The teaching is that the son's of God, who were angels, made wives of women, and produced giants. Then on of them was a relative of one of Noah's daughter in laws or possibly his wife, as it says also "after that". These giants were "mighty" and men of "renown". "renown" is defined in the Scriptures as "famous" most of all, and not necessarily evil. I think here are the roots of Jupiter, Zeus, Apollo, famous men who were later worshipped as gods. Paul says there are things that become sound doctrine and then there are fables. I think the Legend Of The Fornicating Angels is a fable, like "Lilith", the demon wife of Adam, or Satan copulating with Eve to produce Cain..

Dave Hunt was a pretty solid NIV man who used the KJV to support maybe a better reading of something he wanted to say. He was a Cherry-Pecker, like I have seen Gloria Copeland do with 5 versions of the bible on a podium. First book I ever read was The God Makers, about Mormons. I think he's old, physically ill(prostate cancer) and tired. He made the statement that even though he has not read Gail Ripplinger's books defending the KJV, she is still wrong. Real erudite scholarship. Though I have never met you, I think you are too tall for a woman.

We admire men and women of the faith, nearly always they will let us down some wayor other. Even I, a walking Scriptural encyclopedia, am not always right, yet I am never wrong

Grace and peace

Apollos
Dave Hunt: "I just can't believe..."
quoted to my best recollection on a radio broadcast

tonybones: "there are several factors don't sit right"
"I don't see the purpose "
no "evidence that God created angels with genitalia"
"or would even allow them to do this with human women."

I respectfully propose to you that these comments reveal that you have biased presuppositions about this topic. That is not a good place to start and a nearly impossible starting point if the topic requires "pulling together" scriptures and using reason to make sense of what has been revealed to us.

I believe this is a better place to begin a fruitful study of any topic contained in God's perfect word:

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture?

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Amos 3.7: Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Dan 2:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD

We must also consider all possible interpretations of the body of scripture dealing with this topic and which one best fits. In this case, I believe that understanding that Gen 6:1-2 does say that fallen angels mated with human women and their offspring were the giants of vs 4. causes everything else to fall into place and makes sense. This isn't any kind of study or anything, just pointing out that what's important is what scripture saith and to study it line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little. Some things are hard to understand and accept but that doesn't make them untrue.

Grace and Peace to you brother,

Jennifer

Last edited by greenbear; 05-28-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 AM

Tony, you are absolutely correct about Genesis 6 not referring to angels. I was beginning to think that I was the only one left here who still believed they were humans. [and you put it "more expressively" than I would have.]

That thread is somewhere else, so we mustn't divert this topic too much (though they are somewhat connected).
Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Dave Hunt: "I just can't believe..."
quoted to my best recollection on a radio broadcast

tonybones: "there are several factors don't sit right"
"I don't see the purpose "
no "evidence that God created angels with genitalia"
"or would even allow them to do this with human women."

I respectfully propose to you that these comments reveal that you have biased presuppositions about this topic. That is not a good place to start and a nearly impossible starting point if the topic requires "pulling together" scriptures and using reason to make sense of what has been revealed to us.

I believe this is a better place to begin a fruitful study of any topic contained in God's perfect word:

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture?

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Amos 3.7: Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Dan 2:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD

We must also consider all possible interpretations of the body of scripture dealing with this topic and which one best fits. In this case, I believe that understanding that Gen 6:1-2 does say that fallen angels mated with human women and their offspring were the giants of vs 4. causes everything else to fall into place and makes sense. This isn't any kind of study or anything, just pointing out that what's important is what scripture saith and to study it line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little. Some things are hard to understand and accept but that doesn't make them untrue.

Grace and Peace to you brother,

Jennifer
Sister, before I clear out of this thread, I'd like to give you a reply. I tried with Brother parrish but he don't like me anymore.

Jesus Christ had a human mother but no human father, He had God as His Father and had the Blood of God. Ask any OB-GYN and they will tell you a child does not have the mother's blood system, but the fathers. Christ was sinless. What does that tell us?

It tells us the Adamic sin nature of humanity is passed through the seed of the male, not the female. If these giants were the offspring of angels, then angels must have male seed and blood. Where is the sin nature if angels are not descended from Adam?

The giants then must have been born sinless, and we know only one Man was sinless.

I'm not going to speculate on angel anatomy. I'm gonna read another message or two and then on to other, more profitable threads for me. As I said, you all study it all you want. I got other, more pressing matters. Tomorrow is Sunday, and i got churches to split.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Greenbear, I am not familiar with the man you are referencing here, but I do have a lengthy thread going about GIANTS, Sons of God (angels) and Daughters of Men By Bob Deffinbaugh, Th.M. (yes I think they did breed) and the antediluvian creatures called the NEPHILIM (which means fallen ones), tons of information, you can check that out at the link below, and don't miss the last page posts 51 and 53, regarding the interlocking, precision cut stone structures of Puma Punku in Bolivia:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-28-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:35 AM

Thanks for pointing me to that thread, Bros. Parrish. I look very forward to reading through it. This is an excellent board.