Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:05 PM
wwjd.usa

Sorry that it took me so long to respond.
For Fundy

So you are trying to say that all the verse means that all of the false teaching, natural disaster and such would happen in one generation's time if that is what you are saying, then you do make sense to me. If it is not what you are saying, please explain what you mean by "generation"

Thanks
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-01-2008, 02:12 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Well two things we know
Generation is a time between a father and son Generally considered to be seventy years (some say 30, and some say 100) But the general belief is 70 years.

Israel returned to the land in 1948, seventy years would be 2018 minus 7 years for the tribulation and 2011 COULD BE the rapture?- THIS IS NOT A THUS SAITH THE LORD- for no man knoweth the hour or the Day(but what of the year) I am neither a prophet or a son of a prophet. but the ways things look it sure does look like a good time placement.

whose to say God has not allowed all things to work together for his purpose.
Can you bring me up some scriptures for the thirty, seventy or hundred years?
Also, can you bring me up some scriptures for "a time between a father and son"

Thanks

There are two things that I know.
1.) These are the last days (the season)
2.) Matthew 24:36
Old 10-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Steve Schwenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
I was reading Matthew 24, and I came across a question.
In Matthew 24, Jesus describes about the last days and the tribulation.
The in verse 34, Jesus says

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

There are some churches in this world that believe that the second coming of Jesus has already passed. What do I need to answer to the people that say that the last days and the second coming of Jesus have already passed?
Also, could you explain what this verse means?
What the verse means:
THe details of the tribulation period that Jesus described in Matthew 24 would happen in a relatively short period of time. It would not be drug out over hundreds or even thousands of years. All of the "end time events" described in Matthew 24 would happen in the same generation.

I think II Tim. 2:15-19 in conjunction with I cor. 15 should answer the issue of the second coming of Christ already occuring. This idea simply does not match Scripture. Rev. 19-20 describes the second coming of Christ. There are a multitude of OT prophecies also that have not been literally fulfilled. THese people are using the allegorical method of interpretation, not the literal method. Isa. 64, Isa. 11:6, Ezek 40-48, etc. etc. etc. The curse has not been lifted from the earth ( Rom. 8), and while Israel as a nation has come into existence, they do not have a temple, and they (as an entire nation) do not worship Jehovah. They have not fulfilled Rev. 12 either.

I could go on, but I hope you get the point.

In Christ,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
wwjd.usa

Thanks what I was asking for. Thank for explaining the information to me.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 PM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
Sorry that it took me so long to respond.
For Fundy

So you are trying to say that all the verse means that all of the false teaching, natural disaster and such would happen in one generation's time if that is what you are saying, then you do make sense to me. If it is not what you are saying, please explain what you mean by "generation"

Thanks
Hi wwjd.usa,

I think post #13 by Steve Schwenke gives a very clear answer for you as to the ocurrance of events that Jesus describes. That they would happen within the lifetime of a particular generation. But the point I have been trying to get across is that Jesus' use of the the phrase ''this generation" does not restrict the occurance of those events to the lifetimes of the people he was talking to at the time.

Psalm 12 ...Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever. Psa 12:8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Why would Gods word have to be preserved "forever" from a generation of peole that would all be dead within 70 years? Because the type of people being refered to would be "regenerated" and Gods word would have to be preserved from them also.

Main Entry: gen·er·a·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌje-nə-ˈrā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 a: a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor b: a group of individuals born and living contemporaneously c: a group of individuals having contemporaneously a status (as that of students in a school) which each one holds only for a limited period d: a type or class of objects usually developed from an earlier type.2 a: the action or process of producing offspring : procreation b: the process of coming or bringing into being <generation of income> c: origination by a generating process : production.

Fundy
Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 PM

Like I said it is not a thus saith the Lord.

Jesus Generation was from his birth until the distruction of the temple in 70AD when his preddiction that not one stone would be left upon the other.

you can sepnd time looking to generations throughout the Bible. God told Israel to tell the next generation. that is their sons and grand sons.

so you do your own figuring.

these you know
1.) These are the last days (the season)

a season is 3 months. last days can refere to both this dispenations ends and teh the time of Jacobs trouble which is the last days also. so mix them if you like.

2.) Matthew 24:36

the verse of Matthew is for the end of the next dispensation the time of Jacobs trouble. christians will have been removed before that. they cannot rebuild their temple until the antiChrist makes a pact with Israel for 7years. he cannot make himself known until the gathering of the church has taken place. for the 3 1/2 he brings them peace then in the midst breaks the pact and then a concentration of Gods wrath fallupon all men for the remaining 3 1/2 years. the sun and moon turn dark and the Lord returns. the context of Matt 24 is when the sun and moon is darkenedat the end of Jacobs trouble.

Last edited by chette777; 10-01-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:00 AM

Our pastor preached on this, yesterday.

He used Psalm 90:10 to explain where he got the '70 years' as a generation:

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

So, if you are of the 'generation=Israel's return' belief, then you add 70, or possibly 80 years to when Israel was reestablished, in 1948.

The result is either 2018 or 2028. Either way, it's soon.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:08 AM

I believe its sooner Sister, No date to add though just by the state of this world and events surrounding us.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I believe its sooner Sister, No date to add though just by the state of this world and events surrounding us.
The sooner, the better, as far as I am concerned!

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 AM

Hey, just think! We don't even have to pack any bags. This is one change of residence I am really looking forward to!