Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Graceismine

Default Churches Celebrate Evolution Weekend

http://http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?cat=3

At least 11,000 clergy will be celebrating “Evolution Weekend” February 8-10 in churches across the country. I have to wonder what an evolution-celebrating worship service would look like. Do they venerate icons of Charles Darwin? Do they have an atheist version of the Lord’s Prayer, “Our Father, Random Chance, thank you for acting on matter so I can be here…” Do they sing hymns? What sort of hymns would those be? “All We Are is Dust in the Wind”? “I Sing the Mighty Power of Chance”? “Darwin, Priceless Treasure”? “Darwin, Joy of Man’s Desiring?”, “Blessed Assurance, Darwin is Mine?” or maybe for a closing song, “Softly and Tenderly, Darwin is Calling”? I can only imagine the sermon in a church like this. “Creationists in the Hands of an Angry Mob” sounds like a likely title. They could use a text from Origin of Species, perhaps. Instead of Sunday School papers featuring the Lord Jesus, they will no doubt be handing out replicas of the evolution chart or doing flannel graph presentations showing the evolutionary progression from ape to liberal pastor.

It really isn’t funny, but even Elijah saw the humor of the Ba’al worshippers dancing around an idol, cutting themselves and calling on their false god for help. These pastors are at war with God and His Word, and they have become vain in their thinking because their foolish hearts are darkened. Professing themselves wise, they have become, in a word, absurd.