General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Grumpy Hillbilly

Default Hello from West Virginia

Hello, I'm Jason from West Virginia, found your site using your KJV Bible for posting on the internet (christianforums). Is anyone welcome here? I'm a Christian, just an odd ball, but if odd balls are welcome (yes, I'm even a conservative Christian, just an oddball), I'd like to stick around. Thanks!!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-27-2008, 10:27 AM

Jason,

Welcome my friend, there are many odd balls here. You should fit right in. I'm also a hillbilly by the way, I'm a hillbilly from western the North Carolina. Us hillbilly's need to stick together.

Atlas
Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Grumpy Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Jason,

Welcome my friend, there are many odd balls here. You should fit right in. I'm also a hillbilly by the way, I'm a hillbilly from western the North Carolina. Us hillbilly's need to stick together.

Atlas

No kidding, anywhere near Forrest City? I used to work in Shelby NC a few years ago.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:21 AM

Yeah. Welcome Hillbilly Jason. Are you confederate or union?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Grumpy Hillbilly

Well, I live about 20 miles below the mason dixon line and I also love history, I would have to say I would have been confederate!!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Grumpy Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Jason,

Atlas
Well, my other post didn't show up earlier, but did you live around Forrest City? I used to work in Shelby NC. Also I used to follow 18 all the way up and catch the interstate that ran into 77 to go home. Anyway, nice meeting a fellow hillbilly!!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Forrest,

Quote:
Welcome Hillbilly Jason. Are you confederate or union?
The state West Virginia split from Virginia just to join the union in 1863. I'm sure you know this. Therefore this is an invalid question. The name West Virginia says it all doesn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_West_Virginia

Quote:
West Virginia is one of only two American states formed during the American Civil War (1861-1865), along with Nevada, and is the only state to form by seceding from a Confederate state. It was originally part of the British Virginia Colony (1607-1776) and the western part of the state of Virginia (1776-1863), whose population became sharply divided over the issue of secession from the Union and in the separation from Virginia, formalized by admittance to the Union as a new state in 1863. West Virginia was one of the Civil War Border states.

Atlas
Old 09-27-2008, 01:29 PM

Grumpy Hillbilly,

Quote:
Well, my other post didn't show up earlier, but did you live around Forrest City? I used to work in Shelby NC. Also I used to follow 18 all the way up and catch the interstate that ran into 77 to go home. Anyway, nice meeting a fellow hillbilly!!
No I was born and raised in Mount Airy, right off of I-77. The last exit in NC before you cross the NC/VA state line. I now live in Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas

Atlas
Old 09-27-2008, 04:08 PM

Welcome

My Middle name is William and I live on a Hill, may I join this Hill Billy Club
Old 09-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Grumpy Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Welcome

My Middle name is William and I live on a Hill, may I join this Hill Billy Club
Thanks Bill on the hill! I worked with an iron worker one time whose name was Bill Hill, gave him a hard time about that one!