General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:02 AM

Default Feeling a bit defeated.

So I spend a lot of time online sowing seeds. Mostly trying to cause people to doubt their perVersions enough to look into why we believe the KJB is the preserved Word of God. On occassion I speak out on the issues of our governments stance on sodomy and abortion. The other day I commented on someones facebook page about my stance on why abortion is wickedness before God. Now I'm not much of a writer, and my grammar is pretty bad at times, and my spelling isn't alway perfect either. Well this young gal basically through that in my face in response to my response. Boy I sure felt like a retard. I don't know why, but I feel quite defeated over this rediculous little matter. I feel like I should have spent more time in school working on my english! *sigh* I don't know what I should do in the future. I know I shouldn't let this stop me from shining the light, but I also shouldn't just ignore my deficiency. Anyone have any suggestions?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 AM

Don't take it to heart Brother.

I know the type of people. I used to be one. Grammar Nazis are what they are. Instead of addressing the actual issue, they just make a personal attack, usually implying the person is uneducated and has no place in giving their opinion.

Just pray for them. But, to help you out, you might try writing things in a word processor, and use the grammar check. I wouldn't worry about it on here, I doubt anyone would pick on you for it, but if you are posting on facebook or another forum, especially to those "intellectual atheists", then just run it through a grammar check

In Jesus name,
Luke
Old 09-22-2008, 06:31 AM

Do not worry yourself in the least little bit, obviously something hit home about what you were saying and all they could find fault with was your grammar.
Use mozilla Firefox, there is a built in spellchecker that would help you along the way with your posts.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:51 AM

Stephanos,don't feel defeated,you are out there doing what God want's you to do. God bless you for trying. I too have been in that situation on other websites and have ran acrossed these people, egotists,they think they are all knowing and will always point out a flaw,mistake or somekind of inaccuracey when it comes to disagreeing with them. The other day,someone had posted a thread called Jesus is a Fake, on a Car forum,nonetheless. Well, you can only imagine my Anger! Maybe i should have let sleeping dogs lie,but couldn't resist.
Hang in there Brother.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 AM

Thank you all.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
...I'm not much of a writer, and my grammar is pretty bad at times, and my spelling isn't alway perfect either.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Sew whut. Doughn't wurry abowt itt! Jaust due the best uwe kan.

luv inn Christ, Forrest
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post

luv inn Christ, Forrest
Old 09-22-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post

luv inn Christ, Forrest
Eye apollojize. I misspaled the wurd thee.