Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:52 PM

Default Ambassadors For Christ

Thought I would share some of my post from another forum that I don't post on anymore. Just thoughts I have obtained out of my own studies in the Word. Maybe they will be helpful here too. Someone once said they're preachable outlines. So, preachers go right ahead.

The nickname of the Christian school that 2 of my children go to is the "Ambassadors", and it got me thinking about 2 Corinthians 5:20 "Now then we are ambassadors for Christ."

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, and Christ is in believers continuing this work of reconciliation.
The Presence of Christ Comforts Us
We believe in Christ, accept Him, confess Him as Saviour and Lord. We are then ready to enter into His service of reconciling others to the Father through Christ. It is a comfort to know that Christ will go with us. "Lo, I am with you."

The Purpose of Christ Constrains Us
His purpose is to save the lost people of the earth. If we love Him we will have the same desires. His love and purpose constrains us.

The Program of Christ Challenges Us
The program of Christ extends to the full salvation of all the people of all the nations of all the earth. It is the largest task known to men. It is great enough for most ambitions.

The person of Christ Compels Us
He stands by our side. He looks on when we do His will. He inspires us to our best. We see Him and feel compelled to do our best for Him. It is like the son when father looks on to assist.

The Power of Christ Completes Us
Without Christ we can do nothing. In His Strength we can do all things. We can be complete in Him. His power is available. USE IT.

Last edited by ltpage; 12-24-2008 at 12:00 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Bro. Parrish

Very encouraging brother, I like it!