Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:43 PM

Scott,

I apologize for the misunderstanding I thought your avatar picture is you. By looking at the picture I see a young man in his twenties. is that you? or your grandson?

I assumed by the picture that was you.

Last edited by chette777; 10-05-2008 at 07:51 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-05-2008, 07:46 PM

You need to look very closely Chette, Looks are decieving. In every aspect.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:51 PM

No People I didn't look closely. on my screen it is very small and he looks young even the dress looks of a young persons

My mistake. he is all covered in a jacket and a hat so it is hard to tell. I guess I would look a whole lot younger if I cover my head and bundle up in a jacket and then make the shot small enough where people can't tell your age for sure.

But the assumption was reinforced with the fact that his words are of an immature Christian or from a young person as well. so placing things together my mind thought he was younger.

maybe Scott was saved late in life. I was saved at 33 I had lots of garbage to lose and still struggle with old baggage i carry in my flesh. One of the things I had to learn was not to get so wrapped up in someone elses teaching as being absolute truth and learn to study for myself witht eh new mind God has given me in Christ.

my point is this we when we are immature in knowledge and wisdom we tend to just blindly believe those who we deem more mature and knowledgable and that is a form of garbage or bagage we as saved late in life people need to get rid of. many have not learned that and don't really study freely with the mind of Christ we have been given by the Holy Ghost.

Scott and others reflect this attitude in their posts alot.

Last edited by chette777; 10-05-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
Jesus, Paul and other had to get the doctrines somewhere. They picked out and kept the good doctrines, while leaving the bad doctrines behind. We ourselves can not alter the doctrines of Jesus and disciples. If we do alter the doctrines, then we can end up in Hell.

Jesus and disciples have stated which doctrines are good. The doctrines that they have not stated, we should not follow.
What heresy is this?

They picked out the good and left the bad?

wwjd.usa, you can't find anything in the Bible to support that.

Paul didn't pick and choose doctrines. He was given them directly by revelation of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ didn't pick and choose good and bad doctrines. He wrote the Law with His finger on Mt Sinai. He didn't just decide that the Law was bad and do away with it.

You need to have a better understanding of Jesus ministry, Paul's ministry and the Old Testament Law.

If we alter the doctrine we can end up in hell? Depends what you mean. If you believe a false god, then up, you'll wind up in Hell. But if you are amillennial, that's not going to send you to hell. If you are post-trib, that won't send you to hell. If you are calvinist or arminian or biblicist, if doesn't matter, if you trust Christ for salvation.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:23 PM

Hey Brother Luke

I think we have all tried and failed to deliver the truth to wwjd, the posts just get stranger and stranger rather than show any sign of "light" of understanding.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
in the OT GOd promoted swearing (Deuteronomy 6:13) in the NT God forbids swearing (Matthew 5:34).... So which verse should I obey?

I think that 2 Timothy 3:16-17 refers to the scripture of the New Covenant, or the NEW Testament.
First of all, God is immutable...He never changes.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (Hebrews 13:8)

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. (Malachi 3:6)

You need to look at the meaning of the word "swear" in context. There are two different meanings here.

Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name. (Deuteronomy 6:13)

This verse, taken in context, means that one is to "fear God" (have reverential fear). Obedience is the key here.

But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: (Matthew 5:34)

This verse, taken in context, is speaking of taking oaths.

You can't pull verses out of context and say they mean the same thing. The Word of God will never contradict itself. Scripture interprets scripture.

As far as 2 Timothy 3:16-17 goes, "All Scripture" does mean the Old Testament....the New Testament was not complete at the time Paul wrote that epistle to Timothy. All the Scripture that they had was the Old Testament.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
My mistake. he is all covered in a jacket and a hat so it is hard to tell. I guess I would look a whole lot younger if I cover my head and bundle up in a jacket and then make the shot small enough where people can't tell your age for sure.

I think you would need the jacket and hat and 4 hours of photoshop to make you look younger Brother!

Just messin , trying to lighten up this post a bit
Old 10-05-2008, 11:40 PM

yeah WWJD Jesus is the same yeaterday today and forever. But Bibles doctrines are not the same for yesterday's dispensation as they are for todays or tommorows dispensations.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:41 PM

the doctor came in and told me that my xray showed I had a broken rib but everything was ok they had fixed it with Phpotoshop! hee hee hee. believe me I would need mre than four hours to fix my mug. LOL!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
yeah WWJD Jesus is the same yeaterday today and forever. But Bibles doctrines are not the same for yesterday's dispensation as they are for todays or tommorows dispensations.
Scripture says that God's Word will never pass away:

LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. (Psalms 119:89)

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (Matthew 5:18)

The Old Testament was not written TO the church, but it is still applicable FOR the Church. Please state which Bible doctrines are "different" and to which dispensations were they written?