General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:14 AM

Bro Smith, in no way do I want to make light of your situation, but your wife's comments are not uncommon:
Quote:
Her words are "you cant prove anything in that book, no one every came back to tell YOU if anything you read is real"
I am reminded of an illustration that my father used to give. It went something like this:
A street preacher was standing on the corner, speaking to any who would stop and listen. A ruffian came up to him and in a loud voice for all to hear said, "Mister, you can't prove that anything in the Bible is true!"

Without any hesitation, the preacher grabbed the man's nose between his knuckles and gave it a hard twist. As the man put his hand to his bloody nose, he exclaimed, "What did you do that for?!"

The preacher replied, "Proverbs 30:33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife."
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-23-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
Yes Im Am saved. Have also been baptised. My wife on the other hand. (we are whats called. Un equally yolked) I cant for the life of me get her to believe the Gospel. She thinks The bible is only a book. I on the other hand believe that the Bible is the way the Lord speaks to us.
I feel for you Bro. Smith, I know a number of Christians who are unequally yoked in their marriage and they ALL find it tough! I do believe the greatest hope for your wife's salvation is through your testimony, so continue to seek the Lord brother, draw close to Him and pray that through YOU she will see Christ.

As for her argument about the Bible not being true, one of the most convincing rebuttals to that is fulfilled prophecy. The Bible makes more than 800 prophecies, all of which are removed far enough in time from their fulfillment that there could be no chance of accident. Of these 800, about 300 have already been fulfilled literally, and there are 500 that remain to be fulfilled in the future! The mathematical probability of these prophecies coming to pass is less than 1 out of 10 to the 895th power! So when we say we can prove that the Bible is true, we are speaking with mathematical certainty of a scientific fact.

For example, the Bible makes 48 prophecies about the Lord Jesus Christ’s first coming to Israel, as their Messiah. The chances of 48 prophecies coming to pass in the life of one man when they were written 400 to 2000 years before he was born, are about 1 out of 10 to the 157th power – and they all came to pass!

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure
Old 01-23-2009, 03:23 PM

Have you ever considered buying Josh McDowell's book "More Than A Carpenter", or even better Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ"?

http://www.amazon.com/More-Than-Carp.../dp/0842345523
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-Jo.../dp/0310209307

Perhaps these would open her eyes to some of her beloved "facts".

Brother I want you to know that I will be praying for the salvation of your wife. Also, have you ever fasted to get your prayers for her salvation answered? Fasting is a powerful weapon against the flesh, and God loves it when His children humble themselves in such a way to have their prayers answered, especially those for the salvation of their loved ones.

Keep your hopes up brother. Never give up on your wife, just like Christ never gave up on us. Love her, and cherish her. And Lord willing she'll come around.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-24-2009, 06:45 AM

Thank ya'll 4 your concern.

I understand The Word Of God. sometimes I feel like being a child and crying about it, but the truth has nothing to do with feelings.

The Truth is. The Bible says If i believe on Him, He'll save me and my house hold. That she's sanctified through me.

My Feelings are. This girl aint gone neva change. I think I married the wrong girl.

I explained to a friend of mine this: I said

"man let me tell you. Im Moses, my family dont even realize that the Lord continues to bless us. they have never had the lights cut off, gas still on, heat still works, air still blows, house still standing, and there gaining weight." (shes mad because things don't go the way she wants). I'm chillen on the top if mountains and they back at home building cows."

Buts its all gravy train. Theres 1 thing I have to say to everyone that reads this. I Have Nothing to do The Lord has taken all my concerns. I have 1 Job 2 do.

I MUST PRAISE HIM.
I wake up in the morning ( Praise You Lord Jesus!)
I Have a Job that I enjoy ( Praise You Lord Jesus!)
I have cloths, cars, food, family, health ( Praise You Lord Jesus!)
Never one time have i broken a bone 39 years ( Praise You Lord Jesus!)
Kids arent the best kids but while today is still today theres a chance ( Praise You Lord Jesus!)
I have plenty to complain about but I'd rather (Bless The Lord God!)

Please dont take any of this as bragging or boasting. it's not

Please Lord God except my willing praise
Old 01-24-2009, 10:40 AM

You must simply trust Him, Amen.

But, she will only will only be saved if she trusts Christ as her Saviour. None of us can get anyone else, in our household or not, saved by our belief. It takes a personal belief in Christ.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
The Truth is. The Bible says If i believe on Him, He'll save me and my house hold. That she's sanctified through me.
You've got it right, even though she isn't saved yet, she is currently in a very privileged position. Lost spouses do not know how blessed they are to be married to one of God's children, yet not quite married into God's family, but in such close proximity to God's salvation that it's right in front of their noses every single day...well it should be if the saved spouse is living right.

I reckon unbelieving spouses, who continue to reject Christ, would have to be some of the hardest hearted people alive, but God CAN pry that heart open!

Brother, keep on praising Him, for He is SO worthy, amen.