Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:37 AM
1611isperfect

Exclamation Mardi-Gras, "Fat Tuesday"

Preaching to wicked revellers on "Fat Tuesday" at Mardi-Gras.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/kA66KVGRqG4&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999& border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/kA66KVGRqG4&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999& border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Okay?? For some reason, I can't find a way to embed the video. Here it is though.

http://bible-believers.phpbb3now.com...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Jot&Tittle

Is that how The Lord Jesus Christ did it? What about Paul?

Conceptually I'm good with what you're doing (I also street preach & hand out tracts in downtown Mobile on Friday nights) but have you listened to yourselves? It doesn't even sound like you love these people!

Trust me, I know God is all about judgment for sin

And then you end the video with a honkey-tonk / bluegrass tune? Where do you think that music came from? Have you done your research? I'm not talking about the words, brother, the music. That music is of the Devil.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

In Christ,

Jot&Tittle
Old 02-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611isperfect View Post
[SIZE="3"]
Preaching to wicked revellers on "Fat Tuesday" at Mardi-Gras.
I say good for you preaching the Word of God boldly.
Quote:
Ezekiel 3:19-21 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
Even if the wicked do not turn from their wickedness, you will still be blessed for warning them.

although, most don't recognize their true nature and that they are sinners, so to tell them to repent of their sins may not make sense to them. We need to use the law, (10 commandments) as the schoolmaster. Make clear the law of God and how we have all transgressed the law. Once they understand their true state and are of a humble heart then they will understand their need of a Saviour.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Jot&Tittle

Hey, preach sin, preach judgment, preach boldly! But never forget that real people standing in front of you are going to a real Hell. I think a sarcastic tone of voice is weakness on the part of a preacher. It's a variation of defensiveness. There is no need for it.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot&Tittle View Post
Hey, preach sin, preach judgment, preach boldly! But never forget that real people standing in front of you are going to a real Hell. I think a sarcastic tone of voice is weakness on the part of a preacher. It's a variation of defensiveness. There is no need for it.
I listened to it again and I'm not sure if he was being sarcastic. Maybe he should listen again and search his heart. May be a good growth opportunity. I just can't say for sure if he was being sarcastic, it could just be the way he talks.

My biggest problem with it was that I'm pretty sure the crowd did not know their true sinful condition and may have just been confused by the message. We really need to lay out the law clearly and how we have all violated God's law, explain the penalty of sin.... That there is only one righteous that can save us, Jesus Christ.....and then the good news will make sense.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:21 PM
sting of truth

i've heard this guy preach before, and he don't know what he is doing.. that wasn't preaching. not in any way... preach means to declare. and all hedeclared was the end result, judgement and pain.. but he didn't tell anyone why, i've seen many video's of this guy preaching, he might do good by going to church and learning a thing or two.. in fact, ray comfort hassome videos that would teach him how to preach, all he'd have to do is take notes.. telling someone they are going to hell does no good unless you tell them
1. the law they have broken that will send them to hell
2. the righteousness of God
3. punishment God will use for breaking that law

i'm all for hell preaching, but this was pure garbage, and this guy just hurt the gospel 100,000 times more than he preached it.. he was rude and condescending.. he did this because we all know that people get offended at the gospel.. the problem is the guy in the video wasn't giving people the true biblical gospel. he was presenting God as a hatemonger who is wanting to do nothing but punish people.. he should have tried declaring God's holiness and righteousness, then the judgment would have made sense.. calling names, insulting people, and acting like a hypocrit, and a sinner is not going to win any souls.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Beth

I was thinking the same thing that the preacher could get a lot out of the WOTM evangelism videos. At our Church we have to watch the videos before we can go out and Evangelize. I go out with a group on Sat's, we door knock and share the law and the gospel. I don't have the courage to street preach, (and I don't think women should do this any way), so I just wanted to give him a hand for getting out there boldly, although, I agree that he needs to explain some things better so that his audience might understand.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:50 PM

"Come now, and let us reason together"
"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt"
Old 03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
lei-kjvonly

amen to that Debau! Alot of people forget that viewpoint on conversation I think. There just needs to be a balance. The Bible says "let your moderation be made known unto all men." That means to the lost too.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:06 AM
sting of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
I was thinking the same thing that the preacher could get a lot out of the WOTM evangelism videos. At our Church we have to watch the videos before we can go out and Evangelize. I go out with a group on Sat's, we door knock and share the law and the gospel. I don't have the courage to street preach, (and I don't think women should do this any way), so I just wanted to give him a hand for getting out there boldly, although, I agree that he needs to explain some things better so that his audience might understand.
i didn't have no training or anything like that, i started with a handful of tracts, and bearing my testimony, now that i know doctrine and my bible, now i can get out and preach like a preacher instead of just sharing my testimony.

lol, i'll never forget the first time i was encouraged to hand out tracts and share my testimony, i went to a friends church and they said ok, we're going to witness on the street in front of the church tonight [the church was right on main street].. i was excited, then i told the pastor i never did that kinda thing before, he said not to worry, it'll come naturally, then he stuffed tracts in my shirt pocket, shoved me onto the street and said "ok, now get to work and win some souls"

aaaaah, those were the days.. i can't wait for summer so i can get back to doin that kinda thing again