Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2008, 05:45 PM

Hi Folks,

Thank you Luke for your excellent additional sharing. That is one element I love about the Bible versions discussions, the skeptics and correctors and cornfuseniks, with their challenges, impel us to look more closely at the word of God, which often brings forth greater insight and understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesundayschoollessons
So, that level of education makes them perfect men? This is a logical fallacy called an "argument from authority." It does not prove anything.
FSSL, the fallacy is 100% yours, since I never claimed that they were perfect men. There is a fancy Latin name for the fallacy "putting words in the mouth of somebody that he never spoke", we can call it straw man.

The King James Bible translators were men uniquely skilled at a perfect time with a refined and pure source text to help give us a perfect Bible.

All I did was share with you a bit about their unique skills, as well as what we have seen on the skill level of bible-correctors doing bible-corrections.

You should consider what I shared instead of jumping to contusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesundayschoollessons
I have many versions of God's Word and am under the authority of all of them.
"A house divided against itself...". You have no settled authority, your authorities contradict each other, and thus your house of version babble cannot stand.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Last edited by Steven Avery; 05-18-2008 at 05:52 PM.