Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:35 PM
ONEWAY

wow - i read this whole thread and finally someone quoted gen 3.

Of course Old Test saints understood God would come as a man and pay for sins and there would be a blood sacfrice or they couldn't be called saints. could they?

God gave first gospel presentation Himself shortly after first sin ever. Gen 3 gospel presentation always seemed vague to me but then i pictured the 6 of them standing there (father, son, holy ghost, satan, adam and eve). gen 3:14-15 and imagine God the father actually pointing to eve, satan and Jesus while as He says each pronoun. then it becomes the clearest gospel presentation ever. and then throw in the aprin and the coat picture and the first killing of animals. GREAT CHAPTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Moses who wrote the book of Genesis might agree he's looking forward but not certain to Christ death on the cross. That's why through faith, he kept the passover and did a sprikling of blood. What Moses did was a certain practice for a coming perfect sacrifice of Christ at Calvary.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Hebrews 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

The best guess i can give so far bro. chette.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software