Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
So I must ask the question, where were the perfect words of God before the TR!
That is a toughie. Other questions...
Who had the perfect words of God (all of them) to the exclusion to others?
When was the first compilation of the GNT?
When was the first compilation of a perfect GNT (the one reflecting the originals exactly and purely)?
When was the first compilation of the NT in a translation that was perfect?

Please know...I am not asking these questions to stir trouble. I am honestly seeking to know how the KJVO would answer this. I can truthfully say that I do not know your view on this and am legitimately wanting to know. So please don't blast me for asking.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM

To be honest, the answer to all those questions is

"who cares"

Anyone that can't see the corruption in the modern versions, and the superiority of the KJB over everything else is fooling themselves

The KJB is superior over all Modern Versions. I am sure you don't argue with that Tim (I hope you don't).

The KJB is superior over all Greek and Hebrew Bibles for the following reasons

- Most people can't read them
- Scholars can't decide on how to translate them properly
- Originals don't exist
- Different Hebrew and Greek Bibles don't even agree with each other.
- God promised to speak to his people in another language in Zephaniah
- God promised to preserve His words, and this is evident in the KJB.

So, wondering about where the Bible was in 250AD isn't going to help you today. It also won't answer any questions that you have about the King James.

The other answer to that question is

"Forever O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven". So the first version was in Heaven. And so will be the last.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Ward View Post
Where does a KJVP fit in or a TRO?
Hi Matthew, I think I saw you on FFF. Group constituency is decided by the webmaster's judgment of each member's behavior in the forum. I am the forum's resident church-splittin' hyperdispensationalist dry cleaner, and their treatment of me and my reciprocation is an example of christians who differ on minor doctrinal issues can still stand together.

I'm curious as to what a "KJVP" is

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 AM

King James Preferred

In my mind, when I think of a TRO, I think of someone who is saying that the authority of interpretation lies in the meaning of the Greek TR rather than a translation from the TR.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:16 AM

God does not reveal everything to us. He purposely keeps things a mystery to us. We have faith in the unseen. I don't need an explanation to satisfy my carnal mind.

God gave us instructions, it is very important that we know exactly what those instructions were. Not some scholar’s interpretation of what a "Greek/Hebrew" word means, meant or used to mean thousands of years ago. They say that the language in the KJB is old. The "original" languages are even older. How can they know with certainty what a Greek word means if they can't even come to grips with the meaning of a much younger English language?

Is it possible that God was able to see the "future" of the English language and decided to guide men by the Holy Ghost into putting his precious Words together in one final volume once and for all?

God can do whatever he wants. He uses the base things of this world to confound the exalted.

I am ready to stand before my Saviour knowing that I was able to put faith in his Words. His Words in the NIV lead me to seek carefully for them. I thank the Lord he lead me to them. They are found in the only faithful translation that has not been equaled, the KING JAMES BIBLE.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
God does not reveal everything to us. He purposely keeps things a mystery to us. We have faith in the unseen. I don't need an explanation to satisfy my carnal mind.

God gave us instructions, it is very important that we know exactly what those instructions were. Not some scholar’s interpretation of what a "Greek/Hebrew" word means, meant or used to mean thousands of years ago. They say that the language in the KJB is old. The "original" languages are even older. How can they know with certainty what a Greek word means if they can't even come to grips with the meaning of a much younger English language?

Is it possible that God was able to see the "future" of the English language and decided to guide men by the Holy Ghost into putting his precious Words together in one final volume once and for all?

God can do whatever he wants. He uses the base things of this world to confound the exalted.

I am ready to stand before my Saviour knowing that I was able to put faith in his Words. His Words in the NIV lead me to seek carefully for them. I thank the Lord he lead me to them. They are found in the only faithful translation that has not been equaled, the KING JAMES BIBLE.
Brother, well said.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The FFF :P

Just kidding

TRO is a bit of a misnomer.. it would imply you only read the TR, only preach from the TR etc etc. TRO are KJBP.

It's great how we have invented our own little anagrams and know what they mean!
Actually I think it would mean that you believe that God has preserved His word through this linage of manuscripts.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Hi Matthew, I think I saw you on FFF. Group constituency is decided by the webmaster's judgment of each member's behavior in the forum. I am the forum's resident church-splittin' hyperdispensationalist dry cleaner, and their treatment of me and my reciprocation is an example of christians who differ on minor doctrinal issues can still stand together.

I'm curious as to what a "KJVP" is

Grace and peace

Tony
As has been said...King James Version Preferred...
Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 AM

Or it (TRO) means one who accepts only the TR as the perfect Words of God. (the problem being, which edition of the TR?)
Old 05-14-2009, 11:01 AM

By the way, welcome, Mathew!

With ChaplainPaul and you now posting here, I don't know of many left over at FFF's Version Forum. It appears that the hecklers have stunk the place up so badly there that most decent folks have about quit posting. There are a few souls left there who have not bowed the knee to baal, but it is no 7000!

We fight here every so often, but it is a family feud.