Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 PM

Hey Cody,
I can sympathize with you, I had Kidney surgery in 1975 and got cut in half. I had a stone in my ureter (almost blocking it) and one over and inch long in my kidney. Whenever I bent down I pierced my kidney and made it bleed. It definitely was no fun.

I was put on medication and a lot of cranberry juice. When we returned to Kauai I found that I was six weeks pregnant and thanked My Lord that I did not loose our Baby. Our Doctor took me off the pills and told me to stay away from foods rich in uric acid.

I learned about acidophilus and used it to keep my PH in balance, I read somewhere that stones don't grow in a well balanced (PH) body.

Recently I found an old remedy that seems to be working for me. My kidneys hurt after our long plane ride to OK. (I hate public restrooms) and would keep hurting every few days. Like Jayebird said you need a lot of water and I just wasn't able to drink enough. I started drinking parsley tea and am feeling fine again. Parsley is a diuretic.

Brew a few (I use 10) sprigs for at least 10 min. preferably 20 min in 3 cups boiling water and drink all at once the first time. Thereafter drink 1 cup at each meal. Be sure to drink a lot of liquids as you will be passing a lot and don't want to dehydrate.

I understand it is more painful for men to pass stones. I would rather give birth to a child then have to pass another stone, and especially have one cut out of me. I would opt for a laser burst. I thank God He has cared for me and I haven't had stones bother me so I had to have them cut out. Our family is prone to stones and I carry them in my kidney matter where I thank our Almighty Father that they have remained encased.

I pray our Lord's hand upon you in your misery. I truly can sympathize with you!

In Christ Love,
Renee
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM

Unhappy

The pain came back today and this time it hurt even worse. I took some pain medicine(vomited most of it up), but it didn't help too much. I was begging my grandma to take me to the hospital, so they could give me some good pain medication, but she said I couldn't do that. Today for me has been HELL and there was times when I wish I would just die. Please, please pray that this stone will come out soon and pray that I never get kidney stones again.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Continuing to pray.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Forum Administrator

Sheesh. I'm sorry to hear it. Praying.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:13 AM

Brother Cody, I've been thinking about you and praying for you. Are you okay?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 PM

Default kidney stone

Hi Cody,

I'm praying you will pass the stone today....praying for the pain.

Billie
Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 PM

I'm doing alright. Since Wednesday it hasn't hurt extremely bad, but right now its hurting just a little bit. Thanks for your prayers everyone. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray.

Did they say how long it usually takes? Or how long they'll give you before breaking the stone up into smaller bits or something?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:30 PM

They said probably about 2 weeks. I might try and see if I can go get it busted Monday because I'm starting college again on the 15th.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Praying for you, Bro.!