Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Clyde Harris

Default Modern bible versions mY turning pointing!

My turning point, “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free”.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ make no mistake about it; there is an attack on Gods’ Word the Holy Bible. Just as Satan levied his first attack against Gods’ Word in the Garden of Eden when Satan said to Eve, “ Ye shall not surely die” after God had said “Ye shall not eat of it,……..lest you die”.

The attack today is as subtle as it was in the Garden of Eden, and even the most ardent bible believers are falling prey to this attack, just as Eve had done in the Garden of Eden. It is very difficult to see the changes in the modern bible versions without a side-by-side verse chart or comparative Bible. But sadly even when one has access to a comparative bible to look at the changes they are often not seen as a big deal, unless one looks at enough verse changes to see the pattern of watered down verses and even a complete change of meaning in many verses.

The average reader will not often notice the impact the changes have on the integrity of scripture. Have you ever read a familiar passage and said, “Wow I never saw that before”? Unless something happens to raise our awareness level, we will most likely miss the impact the changes really have on scriptural integrity.

When we read a comparative bible, or read from a modern version the changes are not often apparent to our eyes and mind; unless we do as II Timothy 2:15 says; “Study to shew thyself approved unto God workman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly divided the word of truth”. If we have studied Gods Word in the King James Bible as II Timothy 2:15 commands, we would be in a better position to see the per-version in modern Bibles. Satan has relied and used this lack of awareness of Gods true Word as one of his tactics to allow his perversions of Gods’ Word to go forth without detection.

I know this to be a fact, because I too was ignorant of what was or was not in the modern versions. Even though I had also referred to a modern version from time to time in the past, I also did not see the patterns of perversion. However, a situation in the school that I taught at opened my eyes.

I was in a Bible study at a Christian School, where I taught middle school, and we were having a Q&A session. The question was asked by one of the students, quote, “why in Matthew chapter 17, the disciples were not able to cast the demons out of a certain boy that was tortured by the evil spirits and called a lunatic? The High School teacher, whom I shared in teaching the bible study with, began to answer the question. He lectured all round the idea that the disciples did not have enough faith to cast them out as said in verse 17: 20 of Matthew, but failed to mention verse 17;21 where Jesus followed up by saying, “ Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

The High School teacher started to answer another question, but I stopped him to finish answering the question by verse 17:21. I assumed that he just forgot to mention verse 17: 21. I knew that he read from a modern version, the NASB, but I did not think that made any difference. I assumed like everyone else that the modern version said the same thing, but in a different terminology. To my surprise, I later found that this was not the case.

Later in the day I had some time during my break and I got a copy of the NASB and looked for Matthew 17:21 to read what the NASB said, because something kept bothering why he failed to mention verse 17:21’, to my astonishment the verse had been completely omitted.

Discussions from past Bible studies began to pop into my head, and I began to check other verses that he had used in the past. What I found was a shocker, and it opened my eyes to the per-version in the NASB Bible and other versions as I continued to study this issue.

I approached the High School Teacher with what I had found out, to share it with him. I considered him a brother in Christ, and wrongly assumed he would be open to hearing the truth. Each time that I approached him with the information that I was discovering he would use one of the seven lies I later outlined in this booklet. He actually went right down the list of seven lies one after the other as I presented him with information that contradicted his position for using a modern version of the Bible. He and I often shared information but this issue has since but a wedge between us and separated us from close fellowship, and I now sense a hostile spirit of un-teach ability and separation between us. He now seems to try to avoid the issue altogether, or try to dismiss the issue by saying that it is a petty issue.

After this chain of events, one more thing happened that even caused more concern. I was sitting in the chapel one Thursday morning during our schools chapel day, the pastor of the Church who is also the principal of our school was speaking, I reached to the book holder on back of the pew in front of me and pulled out one of the pew Bibles to look at. When I looked at the front cover, I saw this, ‘New King James Version’, with the Celtic pagan new age Triquetra symbol, a three-pointed continuous mark right under the title. This symbol has been reported to have been used in the past by some Christians to symbolize the Holy Trinity, but it pre- dates Christianity, and was used also in the past to represent pagan gods and goddess, one of which was the pagan god Dagon in the Bible. This same symbol is marketed on a satanic altar cover, sold on e-bay.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Clyde Harris

Guys, please excuse the typo in my title, 'pointing'. should have been 'point'.