Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:21 PM

I do not believe in the Gap Theory, but I did think the Son of Gods taking the daughters of men as wives could mean angels, because the verses make a distinction between men and the Sons of God.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

I mean, it's obvious men were marrying women, how else would daughters be born unto them?? If the Sons of God merely meant men, vs. 2 would not be needed, it is obvious from vs. 1. So I see a distinction between "men" and the "Sons of God" in these verses.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-28-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
BT, now look what you did. I was going to lay off the posting for a while. But I will NOT beat you about the head!

1 Tim
2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Does this apply only to a woman's husband or all christian men? Does it apply only in "official" church services, regarding maintaining order or any time any members of the body of Christ are together? Does this apply to a christian chat board? What about Gail Riplinger, et al, are christian woman author's teaching men? I am a bit unclear on how the above verse comes down on all of these questions.
If this was a sincere question and isn't already a thread, I would like us to make one because I am sometimes confused about such scriptures.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
If this was a sincere question and isn't already a thread, I would like us to make one because I am sometimes confused about such scriptures.
katie- It is a sincere question and I don't know if it is already a thread. I had the same thought as you- starting a new thread but I wasn't sure if it would bother anybody to do so. I tried to search for existing thread but haven't found anything. Maybe someone who's been here a while will comment on whether there is an existing thread or not.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
I do not believe in the Gap Theory, but I did think the Son of Gods taking the daughters of men as wives could mean angels, because the verses make a distinction between men and the Sons of God.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

I mean, it's obvious men were marrying women, how else would daughters be born unto them?? If the Sons of God merely meant men, vs. 2 would not be needed, it is obvious from vs. 1. So I see a distinction between "men" and the "Sons of God" in these verses.
Some believe "sons of God" to mean Seth's family. I watched a video called "UFOs The Hidden Truth". Dave Hunt was also on this video. I like what he said about hypnotism. Did anyone else watch that? I believe at one point, I had my mind settled on what the "sons of God" meant but seem to have since forgotten what/why it was.

I do believe demons can present themselves in physical form as angels can. Does anyone know where that verse is that speaks of what powers Satan has in the earth? I also believe the military is doing experiments at night (I'm in Canada and I believe similarly). But I truly believe other things are happening and that demonic beings are the cause. That they are trying to pull us away from the Lord.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38, 39
Old 05-28-2009, 02:59 PM

I've actually been thinking of this subject a lot lately. UFO's and demonic possession etc. (I've been watching a lot of "Unsolved Mysteries" ) and my understanding is that we are protected by God, fire, and Angels. I'm wondering if there is ANY way that they can even touch us. I would think that a professing Christian would have to be a willing participant in order to be possessed.

Last edited by katie ha-lakh; 05-28-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: my 'understanding' does not come from unsolved mysteries if that was unclear :)
Old 05-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Here are two passages.

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

They both mention the sky, or atmosphere, or heaven which is interesting in the context of UFO's and "aliens" from outer space.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 PM

I think that first verse was the one I was thinking of. Ephesians 2:2
Old 05-29-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie ha-lakh View Post
Some believe "sons of God" to mean Seth's family. I watched a video called "UFOs The Hidden Truth". Dave Hunt was also on this video. I like what he said about hypnotism. Did anyone else watch that? I believe at one point, I had my mind settled on what the "sons of God" meant but seem to have since forgotten what/why it was.

I do believe demons can present themselves in physical form as angels can. Does anyone know where that verse is that speaks of what powers Satan has in the earth? I also believe the military is doing experiments at night (I'm in Canada and I believe similarly). But I truly believe other things are happening and that demonic beings are the cause. That they are trying to pull us away from the Lord.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38, 39
Katie, if you reference all the possession cases in the Bible, we see that in all cases they are caused by "evil spirits". They cannot manifest in physical bodies but must seek bodies of the living:

Matt. 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

TV is concerned largely with sensationalism, not truth.

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 05-29-2009, 01:10 AM

I've been thinking about that last verse myself today. "for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have"

"TV is concerned largely with sensationalism, not truth."
I was in no way condoning TV (or the video I watched) as a truth infused medium. I was just mentioning that some believe the "sons of God" to be Seth's sons.

I wonder if you think angels also must seek bodies of the living? ...since demons are fallen angels. And also what you think of the close encounters of the third kind (not referencing the movie) many claim to have had?

Last edited by katie ha-lakh; 05-29-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 AM

According to Job 1:6, 2:1, and 38:7, who were the "Sons of God"? (at least before the new birth - 2 Timothy 2:15)

Who were the angels which "kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation"? (Jude 6)

What about the angels that sinned that God "cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment"? (2 Peter 2:4)