Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Levite-7

hi~

i feel compelled to contribute to this subject, as it is of great importance. granted, i'm new to this community, but we are believers in the LORD Jesus Christ ~ brethren. so with that said, something to consider. it is truth, the LORD does not change, & the whole Word & every word written in the scriptures & transcribed is from the LORD in heaven, inspired from the holy prophets & apostles that brought forth is from the will of God. in relation between both testaments, the Law still stands but the sacrificial system is null & void because Jesus Christ became the sacrificial offering for sin. His sacrifice on the cross brought an end to the sacrificial system & His words fulfill the Law, thus His -one- sacrifice is the gaurantee that the Law stands. at the last day, the earth shall be judged by the Law & just like the Passover, we who accept the LORD Jesus Christ the Law shall passover as our sins are forever purged from the sanctuary of the LORD's Tabernacle in heaven.

words by myself would be of arrogance, so let me pull up biblical support ~ of a truth, here is one & perhaps the only one needed. from the Gospel According to St. Matthew 5:17 - 18:

5:17 Thinke not that I am come to destroy the law or the Prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. 18 For verily I say vnto you, *Till heaven and earth passe, one iote or one title, shall be in no wise passe from the law, till all be fulfilled.

~levite-7
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-03-2008, 02:57 PM

From Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible:

Quote:
The Old Testament:

(1) Holy Scripture given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16).

(2) Prophecy given by God through holy men (2 Peter 1:21).

(3) Prophecy of the grace, sufferings, and glory of Christ (1 Peter 1:10-11).

(4) Things concerning Christ (Luke 24:25-27).

(5) Shadow of good things to come (Hebrews 10:1; Colossians 2:17).

(6) Written for our learning, example, admonition, and comfort (Romans 4:23-24; 15:4; 1 Corinthians 9:10; 10:1-11; 2 Timothy 3:17).

(7) A schoolmaster to reveal sin and to lead to Christ (Galatians 3:1-29; Romans 3:1-31).

O.T. - Promise / N.T. - Fulfillment

O.T. - Types / N.T. - Reality

O.T. - Preparation / N.T. - Presentation

O.T. - The Foundation / N.T. - The Building
The entire Bible applies to Christians...all 66 books from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Old 10-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Default Does Old Testament apply to Christians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
From Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible:

The entire Bible applies to Christians...all 66 books from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
No, not doctrinally. Absolutely, positively, impossible, in no way shape manner or form.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
Which group of people do I need to listen to?
Listen to the Lord Jesus Christ, by the Spirit, through the written Word.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Hebrews 13:8).

You can fully trust Him!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
Numbers 19:11

"He that toucheth the dead body of any man shall be unclean seven days."

Leviticus 11:4
"Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you."

So, we should also follow this.
If you want but you are not obligated too, I wouldn't eat a camel anyway, unclean animals are not all that healthy to eat anyway, also. But if you read the bible all the way through you would see the Lord had Peter eating swine.
I can't believe you are that ignorant anyway so what is your real point, because you are kind of acting weird?
Old Testament is an ensample for all of us surly you know that, don't you?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
AMEN !!

What? Don't you mean that, the other way around?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
All the old testament agrees with Paul's teaching. Dude what are you thinking.
Doctrinally all the OT does not agree with Paul.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
No, not doctrinally. Absolutely, positively, impossible, in no way shape manner or form.
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 3:15)

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16)

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:17)

When Paul wrote this epistle to Timothy, all they had was the Old Testament...therefore the Old Testament does apply to Christians. However, church doctrine does not come from the Old Testament. This does not mean we simply throw out the Old Testament and say it doesn't apply to Christians today. There are many, many precious promises in the Old Testament which are applicable to Christians today.

Quote:
O.T. - Promise / N.T. - Fulfillment

O.T. - Types / N.T. - Reality

O.T. - Preparation / N.T. - Presentation

O.T. - The Foundation / N.T. - The Building

Way of Life Encyclopedia
Old 10-03-2008, 10:49 PM

WOW! we had a black out for about 30 minutes here.

Scott, the Old Testament atonement does not agree with Paul's teaching on atonement.

so the question is what are you thinking?

A dude by the way is a western slang meaning a novice or new comer. I am not new to the word of God by any stretch of the word.

Your lack of seeing the OT and Paul's teaching does show your novice approach to scriptures as a whole when you make statements like "All the old testament agrees with Paul's teaching".

or are you just being a bit trite because I don't care to much for Alex Jones? I do watch some of his stuff and I do read his web site and listen to some of his radio shows. I just think he is a bit to much to cause people not to look towards Jesus coming but to what the world is coming too.

you would be surprised to know that Bill O'riely admits there is more than meets the eye when it comes to 9/11. he is quite a watch dog for truth in government and amongst his peers. www.americasnewstoday.com is alos a very conservative and truth propogating news source.

as much as you want to believe that ALL media is controled then who is to say Alex Jones is not controlled by them to just to promote the extreme views to cause division and strife in our nation? Alex Jones could be more involved in a conspiracy to deceive the people just as easily as any other media personell. remember that.

Last edited by chette777; 10-03-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Doctrinally all the OT does not agree with Paul.
If all the Old Testament didn't agree with Paul doctrinally, why did he quote it? Why did Jesus quote the Old Testament? The New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old Testament. We are not living under the Old Testament, but that does not mean we are to discard it, for it is the foundation from which the New Testament was written.

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, (Luke 24:44-45)

What "Scriptures" were those disciples to understand? It could not have been the New Testament, because it was not written yet. It was the Old Testament "Scriptures". The Old Testament points us to Christ.