Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia View Post
Yes. It's called the Bible.
You have one post to explain to my satisfaction exactly where I can find "the Bible" without admixture of error -- the one book you go to that requires no "checking" with another authority. Tell me where I can buy the book that is your absolute and final authority.

One post. No debate. No questions. Just tell me.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
solabiblia; do you believe there is one BOOK ON THIS EARTH TODAY THAT IS THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY on what is right and what is wrong...?

Quote:
Yes, and which Bible is your FINAL AUTHORITY?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:12 PM

Default RE: "Do you have to be KJVO to be here???"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Which Bible?

where can I get a copy?

Aloha brother Luke,

All of the Bible “correctors” & “deniers” have a DIFFERENT Definition of the word “BIBLE” (a BOOK that you can hold in your hands), than the Dictionary. The following is Webster’s Definition for the word “BIBLE”:

Webster’s 1828
BI'BLE, n. Gr. a book.

That’s it – that’s ALL! {“that’s all there is to that”; “that’s all she wrote”; “that’s it in a nutshell”; “and now you know the rest of the story”}

These guys are always running to “THE GREEK”, but in this case they choose to IGNORE it, and “make up” there OWN DEFINITION for the word “BIBLE” - (i.e. “a pile of manuscripts”), instead of “a book” (that you can hold in your hands), because they do not believe that there is ANY BOOK (that you can hold in your hands) that is the HOLY word of God and the FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice!

We have THE HOLY BIBLE (the Holy Book) – that’s what it was called from 1611 up until some time in the early 1900’s when the Publishers CHANGED the name of THE HOLY BIBLE to the “King James Bible” in order “distinguish” it from the “books” that they were trying to SELL ($$$) IN PLACE OF THE HOLY BIBLE.

The following links are to Posts are about this issue:

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=106
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=86

These “Christians” are bright & knowledgeable; but they are also subtle, clever, deceptive, and disingenuous. Try as you may – there is no way that you are going to be able to “persuade” them (through polite and courteous discussion or reasoning) to change their “faithless belief” concerning God’s Holy words. Remember: “KNOWLEDGE PUFFETH UP” - they are so enamored of their “schooling” and “learning” that they are unapproachable when it comes to this issue and intractable in their belief.

These men are just exactly like the “scribes” and “Pharisees” of old: Always asking QUESTIONS [“Why” – Mark 7:5, “How” – Mark 2:16, “What” – John 11:47; “When” – Luke 17:20]; always trying to “catch” a genuine Bible believer “in his words” [Mark 12:13] or trying to “entangle” him in his talk [Matthew 22:15]; always making “accusations” [Matthew 9:34]; always “tempting” [Matthew 19:3]; always “critical” [Mark 2:16]; always “accusing” [Luke 6:7]; always getting “offended” [Matthew 15:12]; never answering questions directed at them [Matthew 21:24-27]; and they are always HYPOCRITES! [Matthew 23: 13-15].

Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
solabiblia

Default Look In Your Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Which Bible?

where can I get a copy?
If I'm not mistaken, you probably have one.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
solabiblia

Default You probably have seen it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Yes, and which Bible is your FINAL AUTHORITY?
THE Bible. The 66 books of the canon. Starts with Genesis, ends with The Revelation. Begins "In the beginning God. . ." ends with "Amen."

You know . . . THAT Bible.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 PM
solabiblia

Default Available Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
You have one post to explain to my satisfaction exactly where I can find "the Bible" without admixture of error -- the one book you go to that requires no "checking" with another authority. Tell me where I can buy the book that is your absolute and final authority.

One post. No debate. No questions. Just tell me.
You or I either one could buy the Bible at any Christian book store, and almost any secular book store.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM

Well, which version do I get...

Pro 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly:

One popular version says that...

but another popular version says something completely different

Pro 18:24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,

Which one is right? They can't both be accurate translations!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:50 PM

Default Objection your honor

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, you probably have one.
Luke is seeking your answer to which bible you could recommend but you could only answer back nothing.

Bro. Parrish is seeking to which Bible, but you only said the bible that "Starts with Genesis, ends with The Revelation. Begins "In the beginning God. . ." ends with "Amen."

You know, New and perversed bibles have the same beginning and ending, but which bible? I guessed you need to answer a very basic question?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:58 PM

At the risk of appearing older than Moses, in the old days these guys like solabiblia we called "TROLLS".

They get their kicks in life being antagonistic, arrogant, and just plain know it all's.

At 88 responses so far he's winning.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
At the risk of appearing older than Moses, in the old days these guys like solabiblia we called "TROLLS".

They get their kicks in life being antagonistic, arrogant, and just plain know it all's.

At 88 responses so far he's winning.
yap, he is actually winning at the back of the race