Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie ha-lakh View Post
I just read it, thanks for your input. I will try and mull it over. There is (might I say) TOO much going on in this forum! I have so much scripture to look over again, I feel like I am going to explode.

I have to pick and choose but all scripture is all so wonderful and relevant.
Hahaha. Please don't explode. I know what you mean though. I don't really have time to work, tend my garden, clean my house, cook dinner and be on this forum. Something's got to give...maybe I need to hire a maid.

BTW, what we discussed last night is apparently no problem at all on this board.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-29-2009, 08:38 PM

Winman, it seems like a lot of sightings cluster around military bases. In my mind that doesn't mean these ufo's are just earthly military craft. I believe there is some evidence that governments are involved with these "aliens" and "hybrid" creatures. There is weird, creepy stuff going on, IMO. I've studied these things a bit, myself. Below is a You Tube link for a guy's presentation that is truly incredible. If you listen to the guy the whole way through he might just "blow your mind". Or maybe you don't buy it but check it out. It's been a while since I watched it so I don't remember all the details, but among many other things, he makes a case for modern technology having been back-engineered and basically received from "alien" sources back around 1947 (Roswell). He also goes into corresponding sites on earth and mars, same latitude/longitude coordinates, etc. The sequence of 10 min videos should auto play one after the other. The guy is a christian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMn2K...om=PL&index=14
Old 05-29-2009, 09:17 PM

Greenbear

I watched the first segment, I'll have to watch the rest later.

Now, from all these posts of sightings I have made, you might get the idea I go around wearing "Spock" ears and attending Star Trek conventions. Nothing could be further from the truth. Though I did take a great interest in UFOs in the past, I do not spend much time on it anymore. I get dark feelings from this subject and do not think Christians or anyone else should get too involved with UFOs.

As to why I have had multiple sightings, I attribute this to the fact that I have always been a sky-watcher, I have been interested in astronomy from my youth, I own a nice telescope now and still use it on occasion, I have belonged to amateur astronomy clubs in the past, so I probably spend more time than the average person looking at the sky. So, perhaps this is why I have seen these objects.

Now, all that said, I will tell you something my father who recently passed away told me many years ago. My Dad was a radar tech in WWII and worked for the military as a civilian until his retirement. The last 20 years or so of his career he worked for the Naval Air Rework Facility at the Jacksonville Naval Air Station in Jax. Fla.

http://www.frcse.navy.mil/History%20Page.htm

My Dad worked on some very secret technology and had very high security clearance. He would NEVER talk about his job on the telephone to anyone, including me.

I can't remember his name now, but my Dad used to talk about his boss. According to my Dad, he was an outright genius with a photographic memory. He could look at a page of a book for just a few seconds and then read it back to you from memory. According to my Dad, his boss was WAY up there when it came to military secrets AT THE TOP.

Anyway, one time we were watching TV about UFOs or Roswell, and my Dad told me something that not only startled me, it frightened me. My Dad told me his boss told him that Roswell was really true, that a craft had crashed, and bodies were recovered. I couldn't believe it, because I have never really believed this story.

I was so shocked, I asked my Dad if his boss might be making the story up. And I remember my Dad saying, "He is not the type to make up tall tales"

A few years ago, I tried to ask my Dad about it again, but he kept changing the subject and wouldn't talk about it.

Now, that is all I can tell you. My Dad was a very serious man who did not make up stories and was not a liar. That is all I can tell you, because that is all he told me. But that is what he told me.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I can't remember his name now, but my Dad used to talk about his boss. According to my Dad, he was an outright genius with a photographic memory. He could look at a page of a book for just a few seconds and then read it back to you from memory. According to my Dad, his boss was WAY up there when it came to military secrets AT THE TOP.
That is not natural, it is a result of well enough documented government trauma-based mind-control. That is my opinion. I won't talk about this stuff any more on this board.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 AM

Greenbear

Quote:
That is not natural, it is a result of well enough documented government trauma-based mind-control. That is my opinion. I won't talk about this stuff any more on this board.
No, I never got that impression whatsoever, he was just a highly intelligent and educated man. Outside of work he was very ordinary, my Dad and him used to go fishing. The only reason I can't remember his name is that this was over 30 years ago.

But this subject can be very disturbing if thought about too much, that is why I do not bother with it anymore. If a person has a sincere question about the subject I will relate my experiences, but unless someone else brings it up, I won't.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
I have an old sermon on UFO's by Dr. Ruckman, in that sermon he gives some interesting comments regarding the "flying roll" of Zechariah 5 (as I recall he considers this to be a UFO). I have posted this passage below for review.
Will you post some of the comments given by Dr. Ruckman?
If you have, I'm sorry, but I don't see the Ruckman comments, please direct me.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post

Would you email me about your opinions on gov trauma based mind control and it's link to having a photographic memory?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Would you email me about your opinions on gov trauma based mind control and it's link to having a photographic memory?
Sure.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I agree that demons can't manifest in physical form. They are constantly seeking human and even animal bodies to inhabit. Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Angels can manifest in human form, though. Of course, so did the Son of God before His incarnation.

Christophany with 2 heavenly angels:
Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 18:3 And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 18:4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 18:5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

This is why I don't believe fallen angels are demons. Angels can manifest as men. They appear as men, they eat as men, and I believe they mated with human women in Gen 6. I think demons are probably the disembodied spirits of the nephilim (giants) offspring produced by the union of the fallen angels who left their first estate and human women they took as wives.
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Lu 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Ac 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Sister, we have a real dispensational problem here with "angels", as with water baptism. The work and purpose of angels is primarily with the nation and people of Israel, as is water baptism. No member of the Body of Christ today has to "inherit salvation", we have it already. Three places in Scripture they figure ,most prominently is Genesis, Daniel, and Revelation, all their actions for and toward Israel and the fathers of the nation of Israel. I also don't believe in "guardian angels" for that very reason. I have the Spirit of the Creator of me and angels living in my body, why do I need an angel?

As I stated before, supernatural manifestations of any type is a violation of the law of faith in the Church/Grace age. If there is to be salvation by faith alone then there is no sight. Where there is sight, then salvation, though by faith in all dispensations, must also be coupled with works. That's the reason why I put the supernatural, the "paranormal" in the trash. The UFO mystery will never be solved in the Grace Age, if they are Satanic then that will be only brought forth after the Church is Raptured out and when the faith-works program of the Messianic/Apostolic Church of Peter, James, and John is put in place again in the Tribulation.

See, that's the reason Bro. Parrish really don't like me.

I know too much.

That's all right, neither did my first pastor in a grace church for the same reason.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 05-30-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie ha-lakh View Post
I've been thinking about that last verse myself today. "for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have"

"TV is concerned largely with sensationalism, not truth."
I was in no way condoning TV (or the video I watched) as a truth infused medium. I was just mentioning that some believe the "sons of God" to be Seth's sons.

I wonder if you think angels also must seek bodies of the living? ...since demons are fallen angels. And also what you think of the close encounters of the third kind (not referencing the movie) many claim to have had?
Katie, our understanding of angels is tainted by 2000 years of Roman Catholic mythology.
All angels in the Bible have been male in appearance and none have wings.
All angels in the Bible have their actions and activities geared towards Israel, or the "fathers" of Israel. As I showed Jennifer, angels are ministering spirits to those who will "inherit salvation", not the Body of Christ of today who already has salvation. Thus angels are not allowed to manifest themselves physically today. We walk by faith, not by sight. Do you believe by faith in the Scriptures Noah built an ark(faith alone), or do you need an archaeologist to go out and dig it up(sight)?

The close encounter thing I reject as sensationalism. There are pictures and video and film of UFO craft. Are they "Satanic deceptions"? I don't know. I don't know what they are and won't speculate beyond that. I saw 4 aircraft of an unknown configuration that performed maneuvers that contradicts known laws of physics and motion. Am I afraid of being "abducted"? As I said before, no more than I am of a home invasion robbery by drug dealers, in both cases, if they can dodge 4 tomahawks and shed lead from an SKS carbine, they can have me.

Grace and peace sister Katie

Tony