Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post

I personally believe the soul is similar to our bodies, the rich man in hell requested that Lazarus dip his finger in water and apply one drop to his tongue. [/B].
Good point...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-28-2009, 08:31 PM

Hi all, I learned earlier that the sound byte from that earlier website is only a snip of a full version that's available at the following link; however, downloading the byte is from somewhere else, but I'm passing these along. I have listened to it in greater detail & filed it in iTunes - a fierce reminder to be completely obedient to the Word of God.
Thank you for all this insight. It has helped greatly in my understanding of where I need to be in Christ Jesus, to be spared forever from the reality of what awaits they that enter & enjoy the wide gate.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shofar View Post
Hi all, I learned earlier that the sound byte from that earlier website is only a snip of a full version that's available at the following link; however, downloading the byte is from somewhere else, but I'm passing these along. I have listened to it in greater detail & filed it in iTunes - a fierce reminder to be completely obedient to the Word of God.Thank you for all this insight. It has helped greatly in my understanding of where I need to be in Christ Jesus, to be spared forever from the reality of what awaits they that enter & enjoy the wide gate.
I'm glad these discussions have helped you, but I wonder if you would hold the same conviction of hell that you do now if you had never listened to that sound clip?

Personally, I think belief & faith in God's word is sufficient enough to preach the reality of hell with a strong conviction. I also think there is a danger of anyone relying on extra-Biblical evidence, such as sound recordings (of which I am sceptical of the one you posted), to support their belief. Again, the word of God is sufficient, and I believe that's how God wants it:

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:43 AM

Default Location of the "lake of fire"

The quite literal location of the lake of fire as described in Scripture is The Dead Sea. You can't drink it, or even float in it, due to the high petrochemical content. An nuclear explosion at 500 feet in the 2 kiloton range will ignite a fire no man can put out.

Just my 2 shekels...

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-09-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
The quite literal location of the lake of fire as described in Scripture is The Dead Sea. You can't drink it, or even float in it, due to the high petrochemical content. An nuclear explosion at 500 feet in the 2 kiloton range will ignite a fire no man can put out.
The Dead Sea huh? Chapter & verse please?

I do believe we will be able to view the lake of fire in eternity, according to Isaiah 66:23-24.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post

Just my 2 shekels...

Grace and peace

Tony
Hehe, you got some wild ideas brother.

Peace and Love,
Stephene
Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Good point...
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Ge 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Rev. 6:9 ¶ And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

It's apparent mankind is a triune entity and that the soul is the exact matrix, or pattern, of the physical body. In Revelation we have souls wearing robes, and John didn't have an hallucination.

Dr. Ruckman told a joke in one of his books: An elderly woman mocked a preacher's sermon on wailing and gnashing of teeth in hell. She said, preacher, I ain't got no teeth. The preacher responded, Madam, teeth will be provided.

pa dump pssshhhhhhhhh

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
The Dead Sea huh? Chapter & verse please?

I do believe we will be able to view the lake of fire in eternity, according to Isaiah 66:23-24.
You just gave it Matt. Let's look at the passage in Isaiah 66:

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

When we back up and read verses 10-13 we see the geographical location of this worship and the viewing of the damned in the lake of fire is Jeruslaem. Let's look in Romans 8:

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

This passage in Romans and related verses lead me to believe the Universe is in a sort of state of "suspended animation" and is decaying(entropy).

Common sense tells me there is a giant inland sea in the vicinity of Jerusalem that contains almost more flammable sodiums and petrochemicals than water.

Waiting to be ignited. As the Universe waits to be remade for habitation as it was in Genesis 1.

God of course does not need thermonuclear weapons to do His will, it is an illustration from physics what the Dead Sea is. A seething cauldron waiting to be ignited. The lake of fire is a literal lake in a literal location. It's nothing to build a theology on and won't save souls, only the gospel of Christ can do that, but I believe it is a salient point in discussing hell with those who deny it, as the Seventh Day Adventists and the JWs, and is a good point of bible study and illustration of prayerfully seeking an answer to a small question from the Scriptures.

Grace and peace my friend

Tony
Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Hehe, you got some wild ideas brother.

Peace and Love,
Stephene
As I told Matt, it's nothing to start a sect on or contend over, but I think when we view it Scripturally the answer is right there. If a good topical bible study is like a meal, this is a little snack. It may seem wild at first glance, not quite as wild as a Man rising from the dead or the man in II Thes. 2:3 and John 17:12 being the same man. There are all kinds of little tid bits will curl your hair if you research them such as the fact the "star" of Bethlehem was an angel, the number of wise men is not given, and that Satan is not a "fallen angel" but was the leader of the highest order of created being, a cherubim.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Old 03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Bro. Parrish

I don't necessarily agree with the Dead Sea theory,
but I couldn't resist adding more "fuel for the fire"...

"RE-ACTIVATING THE DEAD SEA AS THE LAKE OF FIRE"
http://www.newswatchmagazine.org/res...akeoffire4.htm