Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM

Thank you Steven, I think you worded my question better than I.

I have a problem with Christians who do not believe the Bible to be infallible. How do you put your trust in a book you feel is full of errors? Which words are God's, and which are man's? What is these person's conception of God? Does God put you in the world with no real way to find Him, and then threaten you with hell if you fail?

When I was first saved as a young teen, I read different versions and they caused me confusion. I took it very seriously and wanted to know the truth come what may. I knew that the true Word of God must be out there, it did not make sense for a loving God to put us in a maze, where hopefully we find the truth.

But isn't that what these anti-KJB believers believe?

And I too am struck by the outright hatred against those who believe the KJB. I used to belong to another forum that I thought was Bible believers, but the anti-KJBs drove me away. There were a few KJBOs there, and they were constantly being attacked by these folks. I don't understand this, as the KJB believers did not attack them at all.

And God's warning in Revelations against adding or taking away from His Word tells me these folks are not found in favor by God. So how can they be saved?

Now, I don't judge who is saved, but still, how can those that hate God's Word be saved?

Last edited by Winman; 02-23-2009 at 03:57 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-23-2009, 04:06 PM

One thing is CERTAIN, brethren. Though I have enough to answer for on Judgment Day, I would hate to be in their (anti-KJBers) shoes!!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Now, I don't judge who is saved, but still, how can those that hate God's Word be saved?
The same reasoning could be used to ask how a person who has never read God's word could be saved? Yet there are plenty of Christians out there who only heard the simple gospel of their salvation and got saved, before they ever picked up a Bible, KJB or perversion, and started forming an opinion about it.

If a qualification for being saved is to believe God's word is perfect from Genesis to Revelation, then who can be saved? Probably no one! It is only once a person gets saved and has the Holy Spirit in them that they can come to such a belief.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM

I see that as two different things altogether. The person who gets saved by hearing God's Word believes God's Word.

But the anti-KJBOs do not. I am not talking about folks who recently got saved, babes in Christ. I am talking about these folks that know God's many promises to preserve His Word. They are calling God a liar. How can they be saved?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I see that as two different things altogether. The person who gets saved by hearing God's Word believes God's Word.

But the anti-KJBOs do not. I am not talking about folks who recently got saved, babes in Christ. I am talking about these folks that know God's many promises to preserve His Word. They are calling God a liar. How can they be saved?
Well if you are talking about anti-KJBO's who don't believe the gospel of Jesus Christ, then they are not saved. Yes, that gospel is God's word, but only a minor portion of it. Every anti-KJBO I've ever come across believes at least that part of God's word. Of course, these people pick and choose which parts of the Bible they believe and don't believe, but I don't think their salvation can be questioned unless they disbelieve the gospel.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Well, I guess you could be right, God is the judge.

Still, they believe the gospel, but don't believe the rest of the Bible? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And the warning in Revelations?

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Now, they KNOW these verses. Unless you know for certain what God's Words are, how could you know if they were added to, or subtracted from?

And they are smart enough to know this.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM

Yes brother, God is the judge, and one of the greatest mysteries for us in this life (and frustrating at that) is knowing who is truly saved and who isn't. Some say that only three people truly know: the Lord, the individual Christian, and the Devil.

For us, it comes down to trusting in a persons profession of salvation, if they have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ or not, and if they say yes then we must take their word for it. If we continue to doubt their word and question their salvation then I believe we are crossing a line which is God's business to deal with, not ours.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 PM

Well, I hope they are saved. But I have heard plenty of folks say they have received Jesus as their saviour, and then tell you you must keep your salvation by works.

And I don't consider it crossing the line. If someone is in a serious error that could affect their personal salvation, I am going to try to correct them. That said, I don't in any way whatsoever think I have all the answers. But there are some things I do know.

I have a family member who believes in lordship salvation basically, I spent lots of time showing him verses showing you are saved by believing in Christ alone, without works. I showed him verses that show you have passed from death to life, you cannot lose this free gift.

This is not about showing people I believe I am right or anything like that, it is about correcting a serious error that could save their very soul. So I think we should always be concerned whether a person is saved or not.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
This is not about showing people I believe I am right or anything like that, it is about correcting a serious error that could save their very soul. So I think we should always be concerned whether a person is saved or not.
I agree we should be concerned with making sure souls are saved in the correct way, yes, but if they say they were saved in the same way as we have been, then we have no right to doubt and further question their salvation. We should encourage them to serve the Lord and grow in grace, often by our own example.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:53 AM

Winman,

I do not really post here much anymore since I am not KJVO and this makes many here mad. I usually just float around the forum and read others posts. When I read your question I had to answer.

I believe Jesus Christ is the prefect Son of God.

I believe Jesus is not just the Son of God but also God himself (one of the Trinity).

I believe that I am a sinner and that due to my sin I would be separated from God forever. This means I would be bound for Hell.

Jesus came to earth, was born of a virgin, died on the cross, and shed His perfect blood for my sin.

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior but not by anything that I had done. All I had to do was accept what He had done for me. I did just that.

Am I saved? According to the Bible I am.

Last edited by Just_A_Thought; 02-24-2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Spelling error...