Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2009, 01:54 AM

Mal 4:4 does not say anything about Moses coming again. I agree that the partial fulfillment.

Yeah I agree and I will not rule out that it will be the literal Moses and Elijah. right no requirement to have not died once. But God's word would not be true if anything goes against even one scripture so for a man to die twice in this life and it not be the second death of Rev. 19? you see the problem if men are appointed once to die then judgement Moses has already died and now must face judgement GWT but his name is written in the book of life.

you will notice as many do not all three of those scripture deal solely with Israel.

Tbones,

I have not bent any scriptures I simple took them for what they say. not what they mean. I also keep in mind the whole context and Gods character which can't be violated. you need not me to quote you scriptures for you know which I am speaking of.

I think you need to take a chill pill about the BK thing and relax bro. man you sound like you are wound up tighter than a clock spring.

Elijah was taken up as was Enoch. Gen 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. 2Kings 2:9-11 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. Hebrews tells us he was translated. 1Cor 15 never calls what takes place a translation.

The context of Hebrews is narrative of what took place in the past. surely as God made little green apples Enoch would have been alive at the time of the flood. translated because his testimony pleased God. I have no problem with that. he got Gods grace so he would not die of Old Age (impossible because the Flood was in Gods plan) death in the flood seeing Gen 5 is nothing more than a genealogy and Chapter 6 announces God plan for the flood. the death God saved him from can be concluded by the scriptures is death by drowning in the flood. This does not mean he will or will not be the witness in Revelation and I know that it also means Moses nor Elijah will be the two witnesses either.God does not tell us who the two witnesses will be.

please reread your post #29 you are putting words in my mouth stop that you are wrong.

If you want to keep attacking me and say I believe in a BK Bible. where's the beef?

OK what scripture says that Lucifer was one of Five Cherubs and he was their chief? you keep saying but you have no scriptures to prove it.

And if you are referring to the four Seraphim of Exekiel1 or Cherubim of Ezekiel 10. And you saying he was part of that and is no longer there where do you get that? not from scripture but from private interpretation. only one verse calls a being an anointed Cherub that covereth. We connect dots to make it Lucifer/Satan. but nowhere does it ever say that it was he that covered the throne of God. that is purely the assumption of men. the Bible never shows the Chariot throne of God to have been anything more than what we see in Ezekiel. and I don't believe Gods throne was torn apart in the past. of course it would have taken place before Gen1:3 and that would be why it is not revealed in any detail as to what this being covered.

no need to get so dogmatic about this seeing God is silent as to whom these two witnesses are. and thank God no one is going to loose their salvation if they don't believe the two witnesses are or are not Elijah and Moses. as far as your post I did read it. I know what the scriptures say and I have them opened to the the text in question. none of them prove that the two witnesses are Elijah and Moses and if you want to because the same types of plagues are present or fire from heaven is there go ahead but it doesn't mean I did not look at what the BIBLE says. also none of them prove that Enoch will not be one of them. I assumed it to be Elijah and Enoch because neither of them died physically and God word said, Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Whether Enoch is a witness or not. God saved him from death in the flood and that is obvious i have no problem believing that. if God wants to send Enoch or Elijah or MOses or John or TBones to be the two witnesses that is his will. I did not say God had to do anything I posted. and it was wrong of you to imply that seeing I never did imply that.

in conclusion my guess is as good as yours. seeing God is silent and does not say who they are. you can waste you time to argue more. but I give up. My mind however is not made up and I could change my view on who the two are.

Last edited by chette777; 06-22-2009 at 02:16 AM.