Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2008, 05:08 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
I don't think the two doctrines are the extremes of some hypothetical correct position that supposedly lies in the middle somewhere, but I do think that's what people end up doing with it because of our inability to grasp things at God's level. Doctrinally I believe Calvinism is correct, and Arminianism is simply the result of being unable to fully grasp the Calvinist perspective, which is quite understandable since many Calvinists don't get it right either. It's easy to think yourself into a muddle on this subject.
I think connie you are relying upon human ingenuity and not the spirits teaching of the elect.. God reveals his truth to babes..and hides it from the wise and prudent..

matt 11:

25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

An understanding of the gospel truth comes from God not man.

1 jn 5:

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.