Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Brother Mike

Try this one:

http://wayoflife.org/fbns/churchdir/churches.htm
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
jerry

This may be of help:

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/churchdir/churches.htm
Old 02-06-2008, 11:31 PM
jerry

Sorry, I posted my reply above before I got to this page of the thread. Thanks Mike.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
This is such an excellent point that I am tempted to delete my own reply because this one is so much better!

The point being that the language of the KJV is not what is hard to understand -- it's the very substance of Scripture that is difficult. What ok.book.guy says is very true. Even Peter acknowledged that Scripture was "hard to be understood." Peter didn't ask for a translator to update Paul's words for him.
I agree this is an excellent point. I also started with the NIV. When I began reading the KJB, (after much research) my process was to go to the NIV when I came to a passage I didn't understand. What I found was that I didn't understand the passage in the NIV either. I came to the conclusion that there were some passages that I just needed to dig deeper into, not have the modern version explain it to me.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mike View Post
That's a good place to start. Just sharing my experience with that Church directory. I live in Spokane and found 2 Churches to look at and I didn't feel at home at either one. I searched on my own and found a very loving and Biblically sound Church. An Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. They only use the KJB and follow Biblical principles fundamentally. I thought "why on earth were they not listed on the directory." and I found out later it was because my Pastor was divorced. While in some circumstances I can see why a Church should not be on the directory. Although my Pastors first wife abandoned him and their kids. He tried to get her to receive Christian counseling and she refused. She wanted to go to school and make a career for herself. While my Pastor is not perfect, he not only loves Jesus with a full heart, but is also God fearing and a wonderful example of a Godly man. He is now married to a wonderful women and as a team they have helped so many to make changes in order to become more like Christ. (including myself)

I don't want to turn this into a debate on whether or not Pastors can be divorced and still preach, I just think that a Biblically sound divorce should be considered. I agree a Pastor should be blameless and although not perfect, my Pastor was blameless in this divorce and because he was abandoned, he is no longer bound to the first marriage and is in fact the husband of one wife.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Beth

Default you might find this article helpful

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/isntthekjv-hard.html
Old 02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Praise the Lord that there still are Independant Fundamental Baptist churches that do live up to their names!
Praise the Lord indeed. I found one and my family and I have been unbelievably blessed ever since!!

A true IFB Church is certainly on the narrow path! Well worth the time it takes to find one though!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Beth

I always recommend this Bible. It's great to have the definitions to the harder to understand words below each page. After you read this Bible for a while, the archaic words are no longer an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bible for Today

DEFINED KING JAMES BIBLES
http://www.biblefortoday.org/kj_bibles.asp
The Authorized King James Bible has been, and continues to be, the God honored, most accurate, and best English translation of the inspired, inerrant, infallible, and preserved original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek Words of the Old and the New Testaments. The King James Bible's translation of these preserved original Words which underlie it is so accurate that we can refer to it as "God's Words in English." It is the authoritative Bible for the English-speaking nations.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water! Keep the excellent rhythm, cadence, and reliability of the Faithful Old King James Bible. Simply add to it footnoted definitions of uncommon words and what do you get? You get the Defined King James Bible. This Bible uses footnotes to define virtually all of the archaic, obsolete, difficult, or uncommon words in the King James Bible. It can be and has been used by young children, by adults with English as a second language, and even by those who sign for the deaf and make good use of the excellent definitions of uncommon words.

To date, over 54,000 copies of our Defined King James Bible have been printed and distributed in various places throughout the world. Click here to order or view our complete selection of Defined King James Bibles.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 PM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
I don't want to turn this into a debate on whether or not Pastors can be divorced and still preach, I just think that a Biblically sound divorce should be considered.
The Bible nowhere indicates that a divorced man cannot preach - but it states that a divorced man cannot pastor. A man can be a preacher and used by the Lord, yet never be qualified to pastor a church.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
The Bible nowhere indicates that a divorced man cannot preach - but it states that a divorced man cannot pastor. A man can be a preacher and used by the Lord, yet never be qualified to pastor a church.
Where does it say that a divorced man cannot pastor a church?