General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:38 AM

Default New Member here

Hello, and praise Jesus for this forum! I've been in several online "Christian" forums before, and all but one turned into a nest of snakes, so to speak.
I'm a KJV only woman, and have fought many spiritual battles with so MANY people who heartily disagree with KJV only people.
I came here for a variety of reasons, one, is to rest from the battle, strengthen myself, get closer to Jesus, and get armed and skilled in using my weapons of spiritual warfare. The battle never ends, and the battle is IN the churches now.
I can't find a decent KJV preacher in my city, which has about a million people in it! The preachers whom I've talked to, personally, are either homosexual, or think the bible is a book of fairy tales, or they don't believe in the infallibility of the bible, but think it's still a "good book". The booklets used in adult Sunday School are just as disappointing. IF they use KJV, they always put one of those ungodly translations right next to it, thus showing their approval of the hellish versions so widely used now.
So, here I am, and I hope to meet all of you. I also hope to add something of substance to conversations in here.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-19-2009, 08:24 AM

Welcome Biblereader. this site is real good if your looking for edification. browse through the forum threads and see what will help you.

we may get a little testy with each other but we are brothers in the Lord and try to keep it to an edifying level if possible.

enjoy and God bless
Old 05-19-2009, 08:28 AM

Welcome, BibleReader! Join in the fray. Gird your loins.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 AM

Sister

May you be edified and blessed by these forums and the Bible believing individuals who make it what it is.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Welcome Biblereader. this site is real good if your looking for edification. browse through the forum threads and see what will help you.

we may get a little testy with each other but we are brothers in the Lord and try to keep it to an edifying level if possible.

enjoy and God bless

Thank you, Chette777! Edification is a great way to build the strength back up.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Welcome, BibleReader! Join in the fray. Gird your loins.

LOL! Noted, and girded!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 AM

The ONLY thing I don't like about this forum, is, having that delay, to post.
Does that go on, no matter how long you've been in here?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Hello, and praise Jesus for this forum! I've been in several online "Christian" forums before, and all but one turned into a nest of snakes, so to speak.
I'm a KJV only woman, and have fought many spiritual battles with so MANY people who heartily disagree with KJV only people.
I came here for a variety of reasons, one, is to rest from the battle, strengthen myself, get closer to Jesus, and get armed and skilled in using my weapons of spiritual warfare. The battle never ends, and the battle is IN the churches now.
I can't find a decent KJV preacher in my city, which has about a million people in it! The preachers whom I've talked to, personally, are either homosexual, or think the bible is a book of fairy tales, or they don't believe in the infallibility of the bible, but think it's still a "good book". The booklets used in adult Sunday School are just as disappointing. IF they use KJV, they always put one of those ungodly translations right next to it, thus showing their approval of the hellish versions so widely used now.
So, here I am, and I hope to meet all of you. I also hope to add something of substance to conversations in here.
BR, welcome to the forum, and always remember that there is a remnant that has not bowed the knee to Baal, the NCC, the mercenary "version" publishers. It's all about money and the love thereof.

We do here, by and large, self-police ourselves, and the best way for me to not be rebuked is not to say anything that will cause it. We have a lot of ladies in this forum This forum is a church in a way, so be a part and join in, comment, ask questions. There are few open forums like this one.
'
Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 05-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Welcome Sis!

I have yet to see any down-and-out fights going on here yet. I think the most serious fights happen between KJV believers and the mishmash of other Bibles that people insist upon. Since this forms the base for our Forum (ohhh can I call it "OUR" yet? - I'm new!!), I've seen much togetherness and support here!

I believe you'll be blessed here!

Jassy
Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM

Welcome, biblereader! I am also new here (just a few days) and also a sister. This forum is different from any other I've found. This is what I have been looking for online. My husband and myself have neglected the command to fellowship with other believers because we have never been able to find a church that doesn't hold to serious error. We gave up a long time ago, which isn't right, but this board has already begun to get me headed in the right direction again, I believe. Only my first post was "postponed" for special moderation, at which I was a little chagrined, but since my first post that was lifted. I can see the value in that approach now seeing how this site attracts people who have the entire rest of the internet to bash the KJVO position but who feel they need to do it here!