Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:10 PM

Default For my family's salvation

I been saved since around march this year. I thank God for sending His Son to die for my sins. My joy would be complete if not weren't because my family (most of them) are still unsaved. Though I tried witnessing to them, I’m sad to say I'm not the best person to witness to them. I'm born again, and I thank the Lord Jesus for it, but I'm still struggling with certain sins in my life, have a bad history with them because of past sins, and my fellowship with the Lord it's not the best right now. I pray, and I ask you my brothers and sisters in Christ, to pray that the Lord Jesus will open their eyes and use a godly man or woman to show them the gospel, that they might be saved (like he did with me). I understand they not believing what I say because of my mistakes of the past, so my hope right now it's that the Lord Jesus will use another believer because I find my self (right now) kind of useless.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-02-2008, 09:06 PM

I will pray for your family, brother.

I was married, and separated from my husband of 20 years when I got saved. I submitted to the Lord's leading, and reconciled with my spouse.

Less than a year later, he got saved.

Last year, my father finally submitted and got saved, too! This was after years of witnessing. He was almost 79 at the time.

Keep praying, keep trusting in God.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)
Old 12-02-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
I been saved since around march this year. I thank God for sending His Son to die for my sins. My joy would be complete if not weren't because my family (most of them) are still unsaved. Though I tried witnessing to them, I’m sad to say I'm not the best person to witness to them. I'm born again, and I thank the Lord Jesus for it, but I'm still struggling with certain sins in my life, have a bad history with them because of past sins, and my fellowship with the Lord it's not the best right now. I pray, and I ask you my brothers and sisters in Christ, to pray that the Lord Jesus will open their eyes and use a godly man or woman to show them the gospel, that they might be saved (like he did with me). I understand they not believing what I say because of my mistakes of the past, so my hope right now it's that the Lord Jesus will use another believer because I find my self (right now) kind of useless.
I am praying for you family Rolando.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33 KJV)

The biggest thing you could do to help your family see the power of Christ is by being a witness to the power of Christ to change a sinner into a reflection of Christ's righteousness.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. (Romans 12:1 KJV)

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I understand they not believing what I say because of my mistakes of the past, so my hope right now it's that the Lord Jesus will use another believer because I find my self (right now) kind of useless.
Brother Rolando, He can and will use you. Don't get discouraged. I had a lot of "baggage" when I received Christ too. I've been saved for 29 years now and He is still conforming my life to Christ. You'll never stop growing in Christ now that you are His child.

My counsel is this:
Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Love the Lord Jesus Christ. Purpose to know Him. Come to Him. Learn of Him. As you grow in Christ, your life will be more like Him and others will see the difference; including your family.
2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:05 PM

If you are interested send me a pm with your address and I will send you some materials that might be of some help. God bless.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
I feel for you brother Rolando, most of my family are unsaved too, but I havn't lost hope for them, and I encourage you not to either. They will be watching you carefully now that you are a new creature, God will use you in their sight regardless of how "useless" you may feel, you belong to the Lord now, you are His property, and He will shine His light through your life.

The thing with human beings is that we all have different hearts, and God is the only one who can truly read them. Some people get saved young, some old, some when they hear the gospel the 1st time, some when they hear it the 50th time. Keep praying daily that the hearts of your unsaved family members will be opened to the truth of the gospel, and keep witnessing to them, living the gospel in front of them, and watch the Lord work. Only God knows if they will get saved or not, and when, so don't get impatient waiting, you just focus on growing in the Lord and obeying Him...that is the best thing you can do for your family.

I hope you are attending a good Bible believing & preaching church, being rooted and grounded in God's word, the King James Bible. Invite your family to the services, if you havn't been baptised yet consider it seriously and get your family along to witness it, then they will see you mean business!