Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 PM

Default Hate

I know this man that lives in my county. Whenever I see him or even hear of his name my heart fills with extreme hate. I know this is sin and I've prayed to God to give me the heart to forgive him, but the truth is my flesh hates him with a passion and I do not want to forgive him. I need prayer, advice and God's word.

Last edited by Cody1611; 07-21-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: changed location description
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-21-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
I know this man that lives in my county. Whenever I see him or even hear of his name my heart fills with extreme hate. I know this is sin and I've prayed to God to give me the heart to forgive him, but the truth is my flesh hates him with a passion and I do not want to forgive him. I need prayer, advice and God's word.
Cody, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this issue brother. You've probably heard it before...but that hatred will do more damage to you than him. Stop, get still, and dwell on this fact. You were once the enemy of God. But now you are completely forgiven and reconciled with God. Cody, you did not earn, deserve, or merit God's favor, love, and forgiveness. But in Christ it's yours to the full. Think about everything you've been forgiven for by a perfect and all knowing God. Every thought. Every word, and every deed. When the reality of who you are in Christ Jesus is understood, you will have the grace and love to forgive this person. Praying that will occur real soon.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM

Thanks for your response. I was meditating on that while I was mowing the grass. I will keep praying about this.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:39 PM

Default Codi

Hello Codi! It is good of you to open up and ask for help, I admire your humble sincerity.

I know that this is a forum and that there are things that it would not be suitable to discuss over the World Wide Web. If something has happened in the past that has not been resolved between you and the person that you spoke of, then I would suggest that you go and talk to your pastor or an elder in the Lord (someone that you can trust who will pray with you about it and give you good godly council).

Feelings like these can be very dangerous to yourself, your witness and others (that is if you just try and ignore them and bottle it up). There are people on this forum who will give you good advice (like George has just done) and many others who will pray for you, but the forum is limited in its capacity to do any more than that. But after saying that, please don’t hesitate to bring your burdens to us if you feel that it is a way of helping you in your situation.

Remember though Codi – you have just lead someone to the Lord and attacks will come you way because you are plundering the enemy (keep up the good work!)

God bless hope it gets sorted soon!

PaulB