Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBPrincess View Post
If you joined, I'd go back there just to see how long it takes for you to get banned! All you'd have to say is that you're from PBI... and maybe a few other things...it would be very entertaining to watch.
Oh, I wouldn't say that. I'd approach it from the "intellectual" side - - - an approach I often use with smarty-pants "scholars," but which I never use in this forum. You see, I was saved a month before I went to college, at a secular university; from day one, I was fighting it out with my professors in class. I'm not really an intellectual, by the grace of God, but He's given me enough of a vocabulary to dazzle 'em with my footwork!

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-27-2008, 09:08 PM

Ooh, that would be even better! There is a member on there (his username is Calvary) who does that. They really started to like him and then just recently they found out he is a "Ruckmanite"... it was so funny to see how upset they got over it. It's like they thought he was "too smart to follow such a heretic".
Old 10-27-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Never been to "Online Baptists", but they couldn't be any meaner than "Fighting Fundamentalists". Its the only site that I use the "ignore" option. Why am I there? I keep asking myself the same question!
So I finally had a look through that forum. I noticed freesundayschoollessons is a real hit there. *sigh* I also noticed that they take real pride in attacking us KJB believers. Not only that, but some of the people there have made comments that I didn't expect to read on a so called 'fundamentalist' forum, let alone a Christian one. I won't bother giving examples, but I have enough inclination to never join that forum at all. These people likely have plenty of access to information that would lead even a monkey to conclude that the KJB is God's Word, yet they remain reprobates. I will focus my efforts on preaching the KJB to those that haven't been shown that the KJB is God's Word.

Brother Tim, If I had to answer that question, it would be with a "for no good reason at all" lol

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM

Just to let you all know... there are some sweet ladies there on OB. Unfortunately this whole mess has damaged my friendship with someone there, and I'm trying to fix that right now... it's so difficult when a close friend who loves the Lord can't see eye-to-eye with you doctrinally (at least on some issues... we agree on important things like Salvation and the KJV).

Sorry that was off-topic... I'm just trying to clear up a mess I created.

If any men want to take the challenge and go over to Online Baptist and try to discuss the Bible there, that's totally fine with me. Just don't treat it like an attack or anything, because that just makes us look bad.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:58 PM

I am new to Ruckman,sounds like maybe i should pass on this preacher as well.? But,then again i could find something wrong with every preacher. For instance, i have listened to JVI for years and he is the only one i know using a KJ for his ministries. Hal lindsey, i watch him for updates and current events on Israel,but he uses a couple versions, than there is Charles Stanley who has a sound doctrine, as well as the others mentioned,and has a good message,but,he uses the New King James,need i say anything about John Hagee,interesting book on the Defense of Israel.
I Still cannot upload the mp3 on Ruckman not considering abortion murder,my opinion, Life begins at Conception,Abortion is Murder,regardless of what any preacher says. This issue about Ruckman,to me, has caused confusion. Is he a heretic?
Everything we need for our lives is in the perfectly preserved KJ Bible,this is where we begin and measure everthing else from.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
God held that the taking of a pre-born's life was equivalent to murder.
Quote: Exodus 21:22-23 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

Aloha Brother Tim,

Excellent question brother. I will answer your other Post shortly, but I read Exodus 21:22-23 differently than you do.

Quote:
Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished,"

It is the woman that is hurt", but not seriously, then the HUSBAND "sues at court" (for his WIFE'S injury - there is no mention of the status of the "fruit", i.e., the unborn child.) and the "perpetrator" is made to "pay" (money to the HUSBAND - NOT the "FATHER") as the judges determine.

However, if:
Quote:
Exodus 21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
BUT If the woman (a living, breathing, woman - with a soul, spirit, heart, mind, and conscience) is seriously injured or dies - then its an:

Quote:
Exodus 21:24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
Exodus 21: 25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
I believe that the "mischief" spoken of in this Scripture (although not spelled out) is in relation to an injury ("hurt") to the woman (the HUSBAND'S wife), and not the (FATHER'S) unborn child.

I believe that these Scriptures do not address "hurt" or "injury" or "death" specifically to the unborn child ("her fruit"). But instead, they specifically address the injury (hurt) to the woman and the lawful redress available to the HUSBAND of the woman (NOT the FATHER of the unborn child).

If these Scriptures were speaking about the unborn child ("her fruit"), then they would have stated (somewhere) the FATHER - NOT ONLY THE HUSBAND!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I am new to Ruckman,sounds like maybe i should pass on this preacher as well.? But,then again i could find something wrong with every preacher. For instance, i have listened to JVI for years and he is the only one i know using a KJ for his ministries. Hal lindsey, i watch him for updates and current events on Israel,but he uses a couple versions, than there is Charles Stanley who has a sound doctrine, as well as the others mentioned,and has a good message,but,he uses the New King James,need i say anything about John Hagee,interesting book on the Defense of Israel.
I Still cannot upload the mp3 on Ruckman not considering abortion murder,my opinion, Life begins at Conception,Abortion is Murder,regardless of what any preacher says. This issue about Ruckman,to me, has caused confusion. Is he a heretic?
Everything we need for our lives is in the perfectly preserved KJ Bible,this is where we begin and measure everthing else from.
Peter S. Ruckman is a man of God, and I trust him. He is quirky, but I like that.

John Hagee has said some things that make me think he is a heretic. Beware of him.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...ees_heresy.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0CyolAOeWQ

John Hagee claims that Jesus never claimed to be the Messiah, but he couldn't be farther from the truth!

John 4:25-26 (KJV) The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Praise JESUS!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Dr Ruckman is a treasury of Biblical wealth and knowledge BUT, and I think it is unfortunate, he is not the most user friendly. In studying Bible versions, dispensationalism etc, you would be better to start with Sam Gipp, David Peacock, James Knox, all of who are much more "friendly" in their writing.

Charles Stanley has good teachings on Eternal Security, but fails to rightly divide, so ends up explaining away chapters of the Bible or going to the greek. He is generally a good guy and I will listen to him or watch him if he is on TV (and I am up early enough, which is rare).

John Hagee is a name it and claim it prosperity preacher. He got his degree from Oral Roberts university, need I say more.

Of course, we need to be discerning. Not everyone can rightly divide, but then again, not every sermon is about rightly dividing.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:23 AM

This is such a gem from Sam Gipp

Question #46

QUESTION: What is a "Ruckmanite?"

ANSWER: "Ruckmanite" is a name Bible critics call anyone who disagrees with them.

EXPLANATION: Peter Sturges Ruckman was born in 1921. He has spent years studying the manuscript history of the Bible. He received his doctorate in philosophy from Bob Jones University.
He has personally founded or helped to found dozens of churches. He is the founder and president of the Pensacola Bible Institute in Pensacola, Florida, where he has trained hundreds of preachers, missionaries and Christian laymen. He has also authored over forty books and Bible commentaries.
He is, without a doubt, the most outspoken champion of the King James Bible in this generation. He is considered an extremely dangerous foe to the Bible critics who teach that God has not preserved His Bible perfect. (In spite of Psalm 12:6, 7).
His arsenal consists of an above average intellect, years of studying Bible manuscripts and a caustic delivery. This abrasive preaching style so offends (and scares) today's limpwristed "soldiers of the Lord" that they shrink from any confrontation with him, OR the facts he presents.
ALL Bible critics claim to believe that the Bible is the "perfect word of God without a mixture of error." They make this claim to deceive the people in their congregations. They live in fear that a member of their congregation will pick up one of Dr. Ruckman's many books and discover the difference between someone who "claims" to believe that the Bible is perfect and someone who really does.
Many Christians on their own, have concluded that the Bible (King James Bible) is the absolute perfect word of God. They, in complete innocence, will question their pastor's "improvements" on scripture and suddenly find themselves denounced as a "Ruckmanite. " In many cases they have never even heard of Dr. Peter S. Ruckman.
This denunciation is a simple yet desperate tactic. No Christian wants to be guilty of "following a man." Therefore, the Bible critic reasons that if Bible believers can be accused of "man following" they will discard their conviction and humbly follow them.
I once met a preacher who rejected the thought of being grouped with Bible believers because he would then be a "Ruckmanite." He claimed, " I don't follow any man."
This sounds very pious. He later informed me that he was a "Calvinist." (A follower of the teachings of the man, John Calvin).
So, today, anyone who really believes that the Bible is the perfect word of God without a mixture of error AND can produce it instead of just talk about it can expect to be called a "Ruckmanite" by someone who feels threatened by their faith and confidence.

Makes me wonder how often people attacked people in this way for following Paul, or his great student Timothy. We all forget that God has sent us men such as brother Peter to water where Paul planted.

1 Corinthians 3:4-11 (KJV) For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

I really have so much more to say about this, but it's late and it would be all over the place. I really would like to come back to the subject of Peter Ruckman, but more importantly, his preaching style, which is often times the cause of the attacks against him. Let me finish by saying, that without a doubt, these limpwrist armchair critics of Peter Ruckman are in error.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBPrincess View Post
Ooh, that would be even better! There is a member on there (his username is Calvary) who does that. They really started to like him and then just recently they found out he is a "Ruckmanite"... it was so funny to see how upset they got over it. It's like they thought he was "too smart to follow such a heretic".
Hi, KJBPrincess!

What do you think will happen if someone joins the forum with the username "Ruckmanite"?