General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:44 PM

Default New Member

Hello everyone,
I was checking out your forum and it looks like a place where you take the King James Bible seriously. Quoting Psalm 138:2 in your header was a great touch.

I will tell you a few things about myself. I am VERY SERIOUS about the King James Bible and about rightly dividing the Bible, not the way I want it but how God set it up to be divided.

I have been saved 10 years, was a Baptist and now I classify myself as just a Biblebeliever. Many say I am a hyper but I am not.

I love talking about the Bible and rightly dividing it so we can know how to live to please God today.

To be honest I can only type about 15 wpm so long post are not my specialty.

On a personal note I am 44 yrs old, married to a wonderful woman for almost 17 yrs, we have two sons and we home church ( for about 5 years now)

I am looking forward to getting to know you all here and learning something too.

Sorry about rambling on,

Hugh Floyd (swordsman)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-11-2008, 09:57 AM

Default Welcome

Hi,Swordsman;
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us
Blessings,
Billie
Old 08-11-2008, 07:00 PM

Thanks Billie, Glad I found you too
Old 08-11-2008, 10:30 PM

HI SWORDMAN

You said:
"I have been saved 10 years, was a Baptist and now I classify myself as just a Biblebeliever. Many say I am a hyper but I am not."

Seems we get branded and catagorized by others so easily. We now also answer that we are Bible believing Christians. What with over 400 different Baptist, being one who follows Christ and the teachings of the Bible is more scriptual.

There is much to learn here, may your gleanings be a blessing to you and yours.

Aloha,
Renee

Last edited by Renee; 08-11-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 PM

Same here. I concider myself a Bible Believing Christian. The Organization I am with are non denominational and range from casual to concervative. but we all teach through the Bible book by book chapter by Chapter verse by verse. some of us are KJV users and others are not.

I prefer the KJV because it best represent the Hebrew and Greek of the Textus Receptus.

but never the less I am a Bible Beleiver through and through.
Amen
Old 08-11-2008, 11:41 PM

Hi, Swordsman! Let's by "hyper" in doing the will of the Lord. Some people here in the forum seem to be "experts" in the KJV that I find myself a grasshopper before these giants!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
Hello everyone,
I was checking out your forum and it looks like a place where you take the King James Bible seriously. Quoting Psalm 138:2 in your header was a great touch.

I will tell you a few things about myself. I am VERY SERIOUS about the King James Bible and about rightly dividing the Bible, not the way I want it but how God set it up to be divided.

I have been saved 10 years, was a Baptist and now I classify myself as just a Biblebeliever. Many say I am a hyper but I am not.

I love talking about the Bible and rightly dividing it so we can know how to live to please God today.

To be honest I can only type about 15 wpm so long post are not my specialty.

On a personal note I am 44 yrs old, married to a wonderful woman for almost 17 yrs, we have two sons and we home church ( for about 5 years now)

I am looking forward to getting to know you all here and learning something too.

Sorry about rambling on,

Hugh Floyd (swordsman)

Aloha brother Floyd,

Welcome to the Forum. I don't know of any other Forum where there is as much "liberty" to express oneself (within scriptural reason) as this one. As long as those who post don't get into "name calling" (or worse) or outright "heresy", we manage to have some lively discussions - not always "agreeing" with each other, but allowing that we may be able to "edify one another" in the Lord and according to His Holy word. [1Thessalonians 5:11]

My wife ("Renee"-on the Forum) and I have been married for 47 years (7 Children; 16 grandchildren; and 3 great-grandchildren), and as you can see God has richly blessed us. I also have a wonderful wife, who is the most unselfish woman I have ever met in 68 years of life.

I have attended many different churches in 47 years (In chronological order: Plymouth Brethren; Independent Bible; Congregational; Assembly of God; Southern Baptist; and various Independent Baptist churches.)

Around 1984 (or so) I stopped calling myself a "Baptist" (after nearly 20 years) and started calling myself a "Bible-believing Christian". There are many reasons for this, but I think a study of "Suffixes" (word endings such as "ist" - as in Calvinist, Fundamentalist, Dispensationalist, Baptist etc.; or "istic" as in Calvanistic, Evangelistic, etc.; or "ism" as in Catholicism, Calvinism, Dispensationalism, Pentacostalism, Fundamentalism, Evangelicalism, etc. and "ian" as in Christian, i.e. "To be like or from; to agree with or FOLLOW;") might help to explain why I changed. I decided I would rather be identified with the Lord Jesus Christ, and his Holy word - hence: I am "Bible-believing Christian".

Having said that, I would like to credit the Independent Baptists for being at the forefront of the Bible Issue (Which Bible - "Final Authority"); Evangelism; Church Building; Giving; and Missions. I know of no other group that has been at the forefront of these extremely important issues for as long as my brethren in the Independent Baptist Movement - this is not meant to slight the "Brethren" churches; or the Independent Bible churches; or some of the "Calvary" churches, it's just a matter of historical fact that the Baptists have been around longer than most of the rest.

My problem is that there are approximately 400 Baptist groups or sects in the U.S.A. And there are some of them that I, and most of the brethren here, would not want to have much to do with (such as the many numerous Ecumenical Baptists; the "Landmark" Baptists ("Briders"); etc.; etc.).

Since 1993 I have been an elder in an Independent Bible church (Garden Island Bible Fellowship). We have met in our homes; in a rented Court Building; and are presently meeting in a rented government school classroom. Our focus is on the Lord Jesus Christ; His Holy word (KJV); and the brethren/saints (in that order).

Again, I want to welcome you to the Forum. And I pray that you will be edified by some of the content here, and hope that we too will be edified by your essays and comments also.

Last edited by George; 08-12-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:31 AM

Welcome Brother

May the LORD bless you and your family with fruits from this site. I myself am not in any Church at the moment (Left previous due to the ecumenical views it had adopted) and unfortunately here in Northern Ireland there are not many KJV Bible Believing Churches nearby. There are some Gospel halls close by and the majority stick with the KJV but more and more I am noticing the compromise toward the New International and the like
God willing that someday I will find a place where the LORD wishes me to be.

God Bless

In My Saviour's name. The LORD Jesus Christ.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Welcome Brother

May the LORD bless you and your family with fruits from this site. I myself am not in any Church at the moment (Left previous due to the ecumenical views it had adopted) and unfortunately here in Northern Ireland there are not many KJV Bible Believing Churches nearby. There are some Gospel halls close by and the majority stick with the KJV but more and more I am noticing the compromise toward the New International and the like
God willing that someday I will find a place where the LORD wishes me to be.

God Bless

In My Saviour's name. The LORD Jesus Christ.

Aloha brother,

If you can't find a Bible believing church (and it's getting harder and harder to find one in the 'good ole" U.S.A. I would encourage you to hold "services" in your home. That's how the early churches started, and in many places in the world that is the only way the brethren can meet, since it is "unlawful" or "illegal" to join a church that is not first "approved of" by the State (China, Nepal, etc., etc.).

God bless you and your family amidst the darkness.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:51 PM

Thank you George for the Kind words. I do break bread and have family devotions with My Mother who is also saved a long number of years and we do try and put the world to right through the Good Book. In my returning to the LORD I had to leave behind many (to be honest all) worldly friends that I just couldn't be around due to their nature and with what they are involved in. Those Christians that I met in the ecumenical Church didn't heed any words I had to speak of about other Bibles. I didn't argue mind you, I just tried to steer some into truth with no avail, well I guess a seed was planted in any case. I have no real Christian fellowship to speak of at this present time in my life, But I know the LORD will bless me soon enough with a place to be and people of a like mind to be with. In fact he has blessed me through this forum, I have found those that I prayed about many weeks and months ago, KJV Bible believers, although we are not meeting in person, we can still edify each other from many many miles apart.

God Bless

In the name of My LORD Jesus Christ.