General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:56 PM

Other language bibles are better than nothing and I believe people can get saved by reading them, but if someone wants to become a true student of the word of God, they need to learn King James Bible English.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-22-2008, 03:07 PM

It's not like the other languages are at any disadvantage. Even the english speakers don't know what God's word says, in their OWN language.

And like Cody said, you can get saved as long as you hear the gospel, not whether or not you have read the KJB.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:10 PM
joshjefflawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mike View Post
Josh
Luke,
How do you expect someone that speaks Czech, Russian, Somalian, etc if there is not Bible in their languages? I know that God is powerful enough to provide His Word in a language other than English.
Whats more amazing than God using English, is that he gave the OT in a language that less than 1% of the population has ever spoken, hebrew. In the old testiment times, from Abraham till Calvary, God dealt primarly with the children of Israel. To get saved in the OT, you had to become as the Jews, you had to learn and keep all the Jewish customs.
How about this, all absolute time is english time, (Greenwich England) Also absolute location is english location. If your lost at see and you give the cordanance to were you are, If you don't do it according to England you'll not get found. If aboslute Direction and time is English time, then don't you suppose that absolute truth is English truth. Also when the AV came out, English was a minority. Most people in the world spoke French.
Well Have a good one,
Josh
Old 06-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Brother Mike

Rather weak arguments that God's word cannot exist in english. Stressing of course, proper lineage (TR or AV as a source). I never said that it is not BETTER for someone not to learn english and then use the KJB. And yes, perhaps teaching them english using the KJB is better still, but that does not preclude the need of God's word in other languages.

And never once did I say any non-english Bible were superior in any way to our Book of Books. There is only one FINAL authority. Added just for clarification.

And please tell me what the prime meridian has do with this. And England?

The prime meridian did not come into existance until October 1884. It was agreed upon at a meeting initiated by the President of the UNITED STATES and was held in WASHINGTON D.C.

To me, a totally man made invention. No Biblical basis what-so-ever.

So, we should not evangelize non-english speaking countries until they all learn english?

Last edited by Brother Mike; 06-24-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:30 AM

I believe KJB is the literal word of God,KJB God inspired not man inspired, also a pre-trib and pre-millenialist.

Salvation only through acceptance of Jesus shed blood on the cross.
Only 1 God,allah is not it.

The Trinity ,God the Father and Holy Spirit. I am for capital punishment,(it is biblical), pro-israel,pro-life, anti-gay(civil unions).
Old 06-25-2008, 12:47 PM
joshjefflawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mike View Post
Rather weak arguments that God's word cannot exist in english. Stressing of course, proper lineage (TR or AV as a source). I never said that it is not BETTER for someone not to learn english and then use the KJB. And yes, perhaps teaching them english using the KJB is better still, but that does not preclude the need of God's word in other languages.

And never once did I say any non-english Bible were superior in any way to our Book of Books. There is only one FINAL authority. Added just for clarification.

And please tell me what the prime meridian has do with this. And England?

The prime meridian did not come into existance until October 1884. It was agreed upon at a meeting initiated by the President of the UNITED STATES and was held in WASHINGTON D.C.

To me, a totally man made invention. No Biblical basis what-so-ever.

So, we should not evangelize non-english speaking countries until they all learn english?
Brother Mike, I never once said that the Word of God can't exsist in a nother language. I just merley pointed out some interesting facts, or atleast I thought were interesting. Of course God has used other languages to spread his word.
In fact, the AV has been translated into several different languages. And since God preserved the AV, im sure that God has preserved the AV going into other languages.
Having said that, God has used english as a primary language to get his word accross for the last 100-200 years at least. England once had a colonie on just about every contanent, except maybe Antarctica. It once was said that the sun never set on the English empire.
Also, Spain had a chace to recieve Gods word, but they rejected it for the Pope.
Well, I just wanted to say that I wasn't arguing with you, I just wanted to point out some things that I thought were worth lookin at.
Any who, no sweet off my back, have a good day in the Lord brother,
Josh Lawn of Oregon
Old 06-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Brother Mike

Thanks Josh, and I stand corrected and apologize for taking your post incorrectly.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:37 PM

I am a KJO Bible Believing Christian of the Anabaptist persuation living in Washington State. I attend a ultra-conservative Mennonite congregation in Deer Park WA, and have fellowship with the Old German Baptists out of Ellensburg WA.

Historically, faithful Anabaptists have stood firmly and unapologetically for practical
* application of Scripture to our lives
* discipleship
* community and accountability
* nonviolence and nonresistance
* simplicity of life
* nonconformity to the world
* separation unto God from the world

And against Christian involvement in/with
* infant baptism
* military service
* public office
* oaths
* jury duty
* homosexual behavior

My personal distinctives are:

Things I do not believe:
* Calvinism
* Dispensationalism

Things I do believe:
* The King James Bible Only
* Lordship Salvation
* Pretribulation Rapture
* Premillenial

a brother in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 08-11-2008, 06:03 PM

Default I would like to know my demographic, ha ha

Hello, I am a King James Bible Believer,I believe the KJB is that which is perfect

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

It is the ONLY complete and perfect Word of God period. Although I cannot classify myself as Baptist

I am pre-millennial and I rightly divide the Bible by book and not verse.