General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Moon_Star

Default Introducing me!

Hi I am new here I found this site while searching for a verse for my mother when she said i believe strange things because I believe women shouldnt preach. She also said that the bible needs to be updated because things have changed. If anyone has comments or verses on those two issues I would appreciate it. Anyway I am 18 and I have been married for almost two years. Me and my husband have a beautiful daughter named Adell she is 7 weeks old. She has been in church scince she was four days old. I just wanted to say hi
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-13-2008, 06:06 PM

Welcome!
I will leave it to the ladies here to respond to some of your questions. You can also get some guidance at http://www.christianladies.org
Old 06-13-2008, 06:07 PM

Hello Moom Star,

welcome to the site.

it is normal for people to assume that the Bible has changed because Scholars think they are smarter than God so they find something they dont like or another source of truth and alter Gods word and make a new version. currently there are over 230 english translations of the Bible. After reading 10 my self from 1995 until 2003. I was finaly challenged to read a KIngs James Version or Authorised Version.

Unlike many I did not read it to find errors I read it to allow God to show me truths. after completing it a year later (once through the OT and #times through the New) I found I had learned more, found and natural flow of cross references from the words being employed by the Translators and found it had verse the other versions had taken out or altered so bad it lost meaning. I am now a King James only reader and believer and I confess it is wholey preserved Word of God for english speaking peopel of the last days.

If you don't have KIng James Version I would encourage you to get one and read it slowly. find an old WEbsters Dictionary it will help you with a couple of words you may come across that you are not familiar with.

May God Bless you.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:09 PM

I wrote a big article on why it is not biblical for women to serve as pastors. Feel free to check it out.

http://baptist1611.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8

The Bible does not need to be updated, although that is what they do with the many new translations out today, such as the NIV and NKJV. The King James Bible is the perfect word of God. God inspired and preserved it in English for you and me.

Psalms 12:6-7
6 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." KJV

God Bless you
Old 08-09-2008, 01:25 PM

Smile Welcome

Hiii, Moon_Star
Welcome to the forum...hope you like it here. You will find many topics to choose from....and there are mature,learned men and women who have
studied and much to share with those who are open to hear
Blessings,
Billie

LIFE IS A SONG-GOD'S LOVE IS THE MUSIC
Old 08-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Welcome Moon Star, Hope you find the answers you where looking for.
As for updating the Bible well, my thoughts.
Since the beginning God hasn't changed, he is still the same God that was and is and is to come, Nor has his Word, Nor Should his word. The people that have "updated" and "Modernised" the Book have only "re-interpreted" it to suit their own desires and ease their own philosophy filled minds. God does not conform to us, we conform to him. If Shakespeare were to be re-interpreted there would be an uproar! and thats not even inspired works! The Book is beautiful, inspired, correct, and perfectly preserved from this Generation.......FOREVER!

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost

In My Saviour's name, The LORD Jesus Christ.