General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 PM

Default What do you think?

http://www.jhm.org/ME2/Sites/dirmod....D&itemid=K263D
Has anyone seen this DVD? I had seen previews,it makes you stop and think in this busy world about your mortality. Even being Saved,it makes you feel uneasy,for sure!

However,not following John,knowing that his doctrine is sound,concerning salvation,this link about healing made me do a double take:

http://www.jhm.org/ME2/Sites/dirmod....3&itemid=KT26C

I have listened to Jack Van Impe for years and last 6 or 7 for Hal Lindsey on current events in Israel. When it comes to prophecy i am very skeptical of preachers now going that direction,since,the news media is reporting about our weather patterns and other disasterous events in our world. Many new false teachings popping up regarding prophecy.

Others who i have looked into that seem sound are Tim LaHae,Dr.Walvoord (deceased)and Mark Hitchcock.

Recently i have been hearing the name Dave Wilkerson,who i do not trust. Wasn't he involved in the Jesus Movement back in the 70's,anyone remember?

My mother said to me her best friend found Christianity through the Jesus Movement, i thought it was just another movement like New Age.

The other day my sister gave me a magazine called the Midnight Call,i looked at there Statement of Faith in the front and it was right,however,i have heard a few people say that it had somethings in there that they felt didnt feel right. Havn't had time to look into it. I will stay with the Sword of the Lord,my 96 year old grandmother gets it for me when she is at church.God bless her!

I Would like to have more to contribute,but with time restraints it is difficult,and feeling like i hit the pavement as far as Bible study.

Anyway, a few thoughts, here is a Bone,see what you think?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-04-2008, 02:56 AM

I found John to ride both sides of the fence. he is a big proponent of the prosperity movement, but he never claims to have the gift of healings. his healing set talks of God's healing and repeditive praying the healing scriptures and conditioning the mind for positive thinking.