General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
We both sit at the same desk though!
That's okay. You'll get over it after a few years of marriage!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-03-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I doubt it.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Since my DH works from home he needs peace, quiet, and space for his office so our desks are in different rooms. However, after 15 years of marriage when he isn't working, like right now, you will find me and my laptop in his office...

Yeah, we're that much of a diabetic overload sweet after all this time.

As for the free coffee from Starbucks. I just saw that ad today. Even at free I'll pass. Starbucks coffee makes me ill and I actually like coffee a lot. I don't like Starbucks. They tried to strong arm a local coffee roaster/shop...Not to mention I detest the taste of their burnt... I mean double roasted... coffee beans. Talk about the best way to ruin a good coffee bean.

If I do feel like paying $30 per gallon of coffee I will go to a nice local coffee shop with fresh, gently, roasted beans. Where I know the owner and agree with some of the things he would support with that money.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:00 PM

BTW, it looks like it is just a cup of brewed coffee. Nothing Fancy.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 AM

KJBP...does the freeby include a "Tall, non-fat, lite foam, latte"?

If so, count me in. If not, I'll just drink my "Gevalia" Traditional Blend. You get this particular coffee online @ about $11 a pound. Kind of pricey, but worth it. It's got that robust flavor that I like, yet has the smooth blend my wife prefers. (JaeBryd, my wife also loathes the bitter, burnt taste of Starbucks.)

We own a "Bunn" coffee maker that continually keeps a hot reservoir of water. The benefit of this is two-fold.
  1. When you pour in, say eight cups, you instantly get eight cups of hot water in return.
  2. The coffee is, smooth not bitter, because the design of the coffee maker allows the water to flow through the grinds quickly (about three to four minutes) to make a full pot. This way, the water does not sit and soak in the grinds, resulting in a somewhat "bitter" taste, but flows through them creating a smooth, clean, fresh, hot cup of coffee!

The Bunn brewer is about $100, but if you are a serious coffee drinker, it's well worth it. It is well made, so it lasts. On a side note. I received a surprise gift from a dear brother in Christ the other day, a special blend of "Kona" coffee. Yum! "Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Forum Administrator

We have a Flavia Fusion hot drink system: http://www.myflavia.com

We "inherited" one of these several years ago. My uncle bought one for my grandfather, who was 90 at the time. My grandfather had no interest or use for it -- he does his really old-school on the stove. So, we took it off his hands for him and got hooked on it.

The station is very convenient -- always ready to go -- and the coffee is very good.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Rightful_Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
KJBP...does the freeby include a "Tall, non-fat, lite foam, latte"?

If so, count me in. If not, I'll just drink my "Gevalia" Traditional Blend. You get this particular coffee online @ about $11 a pound. Kind of pricey, but worth it. It's got that robust flavor that I like, yet has the smooth blend my wife prefers. (JaeBryd, my wife also loathes the bitter, burnt taste of Starbucks.)

We own a "Bunn" coffee maker that continually keeps a hot reservoir of water. The benefit of this is two-fold.
  1. When you pour in, say eight cups, you instantly get eight cups of hot water in return.
  2. The coffee is, smooth not bitter, because the design of the coffee maker allows the water to flow through the grinds quickly (about three to four minutes) to make a full pot. This way, the water does not sit and soak in the grinds, resulting in a somewhat "bitter" taste, but flows through them creating a smooth, clean, fresh, hot cup of coffee!

The Bunn brewer is about $100, but if you are a serious coffee drinker, it's well worth it. It is well made, so it lasts. On a side note. I received a surprise gift from a dear brother in Christ the other day, a special blend of "Kona" coffee. Yum! "Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

We have this Bunn and love it. Also, a small sprinkle of sugar over the grounds before allowing the water to flow through cuts the bitterness even more.

As for Starbucks ... Sugar Free Non Fat Vinte Vanilla Latte Extra Hot ... my once-a-week treat. (And offset the sugar/free and non/fat with a slice of iced lemon pound cake).
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 AM

You coffee drinkers should check out Vietnamese coffee; Vietnam is the third-largest producer and exporter of coffee in the world. My dad gets the coffee beans from a distributor online; he says it's very very strong (depending on how you brew it) but not bitter; at one time he likened drinking the coffee (native-style) to bourbon. (he definitely doesn't drink...I believe that came from past experiences )
Old 11-04-2008, 10:34 AM

I see in the news (Drudge) that Starbarf got into trouble with the election rules and changed their promotion. Now you just have to go in and ask for a free cup, no voting required. DUH!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Rightful_Thinking

Quote:
Now you just have to go in and ask for a free cup, no voting required. DUH!!!
Ah ... asking for something for free without paying for it or working for it.

Where've I heard that before?