Missions Support For missionaries and those who wish to support them. This forum is strictly for missions aid request, support, praise, and prayer. Off-topic posts will be deleted unceremoniously!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:24 AM

concerning the Ten Million tracts. that is the number of tracts brother Riley told me he got a few years ago. to avail them you had to go to his place to get them.

recently I have not been able to contact him at all. He has tracts and Tagalog KJV NT. we need then badly but he has not returned emails at all.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM

You know, this whole issue of you needing Bibles just burns my shorts. Why aren't churches helping you guys with this? The church I attend gave some brothers from the Philippines hundreds of dollars just last fall, but we never heard anything about needing Bibles. If you guys need Bibles, we Baptist should not be having potlucks, we should be going hungry to get you guys BIBLES!!!

Ok, I need to take a breather...

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 02-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Oh, brother! I hope you don't "starve" yourself too much.
But I think I feel what you feel. One fact is, people in both sides of the globe have something in common: they would rather spend for potlucks than buy a Bible.
Thank God for likeminded Christians with a heart for the lost!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 PM

It's much like the missionary I'm going to be working with said: we work within the "system" of modern Baptist missions, but the "system" is broken: they (we) have failed to properly supply the missionaries we've promised to support.

Obviously this just sounds like a missionary whining, since I'm called to the field and all, but I've seen it all throughout my years in churches. We really need to get on the ball: time is short and people are going to HELL!!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:22 AM

I just gave three of the KJV Bibles George sent me to three young men who recently started attending our church. they had no Bible what so ever. they were so happy to have a Bible especially an English one so they could better their English.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 AM

Default beyond our power

To Brother George and to the generous brethren, thank you for helping us help others. I received the long-awaited "big box" today to be given out to those who are in real spiritual and material need.

2 Corinthians 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;

We thank the Lord for you for making us do that which is "beyond our power".
God bless y'all!

For the love of Christ,
Bible student
2Cor. 5:14,15
Old 05-22-2009, 06:16 AM

I did not choose to start a new thread for this, but a would like to ask friends in this forum to please pray for me. I just got happily married last Wednesday, and I will be moving to our new home (a parsonage). Thanks for those who pray (and those who sent a gift for my wedding)!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:40 PM

Default Re: "Literature for the Philippines Reply to Thread "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
I did not choose to start a new thread for this, but a would like to ask friends in this forum to please pray for me. I just got happily married last Wednesday, and I will be moving to our new home (a parsonage). Thanks for those who pray (and those who sent a gift for my wedding)!
Aloha brother Sammy,

Congratulations to you and your bride! May the Lord bless the both of you abundantly. And may you be a blessing to the people of Iloilo

Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD..
Old 05-23-2009, 06:52 AM

Congrats Sammy I didn't know you got married.

Wow that is great news.

Gos blessings on you both
Old 05-23-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
I just got happily married last Wednesday, and I will be moving to our new home (a parsonage). Thanks for those who pray (and those who sent a gift for my wedding)!
Hey brother, I think you have to be married for at least a year, without any arguments, before you can claim you are "happily married"!

Congratulations, she's from the Lord. As you know, I married one of your 'countrywoman' over there in March last year, we are happily married also, and it was only last week that we found out she is 4 weeks pregnant, amen.

God is good...ALL the time.