Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Graceismine

Arrow Concerning the Climate Only Scripture is Correct

Be Alert! Concerning the Climate, only Scripture is Correct

Genesis 8:22
"While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
And cold and heat,
And summer and winter,
And day and night
Shall not cease."

Job 37:9
"Out of the south comes the storm,
And out of the north the cold.

Job 38:22-23
"Have you entered the storehouses of the snow, Or have you seen the storehouses of the hail, Which I have reserved for the time of distress,
For the day of war and battle?

Romans 8:22
For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

Luke 21:25-26
"There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Nahum 1:3
The LORD is slow to anger and great in power,
And the LORD will by no means leave the guilty unpunished.
In whirlwind and storm is His way,
And clouds are the dust beneath His feet.

Psalms 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.
Selah.

The Earth is Polluted by Sin

Much of our planet seems to be in the process of a sudden and rude awakening of 'old man winter' as for weeks the headlines have been filled with numerous accounts of record cold and record snowfalls in various places.

After a year of non-stop "Global-Warming" hype from the world governments and it's partner in the press it is a bit of a comedy to watch especially when reading an article such as number five below. It was in Disko Bay, Greenland that US Senators held their 'urgent summit' and choice photo op on Global Warning this past summer, however it now appears that their 'poster child' has now frozen over for the first time in ten years.

The ridiculous path these people have gone down - some genuinely led astray by following only a little over one hundred years of reliable record keeping while others just caught up in the glamour and hype of the latest pop culture social cause - should be obvious to anyone with some common sense and some basic understanding of science.

However, all that matters is what the word of God says.

The Bible emphatically declares in Genesis 8:22 that as long at the earth remains it will continue to have seasons. That means that although there may be (as most likely have been in the past) micro-climatic changes occurring on a regularly basis and even larger scale macro-climatic changes over the centuries (as recorded in history, such as the "Little Ice Age") - there will not be any sort of global change on the scale that the establishment media, educational establishment and political/corporate governing marriage wishes you to believe as long as this current heaven and earth remains.

That said, the Bible also declares that the heavens and the earth will be shaken and that the whole creation will groan with birth pangs eagerly waiting for the sons of God to be revealed, that is for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the resurrection and rapture of His saints. The physical appearance of the earth is sure to change too as mountains split in two; others fall into the sea and rivers change course. However, we will have day and night, summer and winter, cold and heat.

Scripture teaches us that since the fall, man's sin has polluted the earth, but never has man polluted the earth to the extreme he does today. This pollution goes way beyond that which most people normally think of such as the many physical pollutants that now poison our environment and involves all sin and perversions of man, which is the real source of the greed that fuels the more visible pollutions.

Let us be alert to the truth that man's sin and the sin of the nations are the only real source of pollution in God's creation. There is also only one solution for the clean up as well, and that is the washing in the blood of the Lamb, Yeshua the Messiah for the cleansing of sin.

BE/\LERT!
Scott Brisk
Moriel Ministries
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
jerry

Thanks for poiting those verses out - but please use the King James when posting Bible verses (as that is what this whole message board is about).
Old 02-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Graceismine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Thanks for poiting those verses out - but please use the King James when posting Bible verses (as that is what this whole message board is about).

Apologies! that was a cut & paste error, I never thought to check the version. Should I get into it and edit it?

Grace,
Old 02-05-2008, 01:23 AM
jerry

If you could edit it, that would be good. If not, don't worry about it. Now we know it wasn't intentional. I have been on some KJVonly boards where some members still quote deliberately from other versions - so I promise I won't get upset with unintentional errors or oversights. God bless.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Graceismine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
If you could edit it, that would be good. If not, don't worry about it. Now we know it wasn't intentional. I have been on some KJVonly boards where some members still quote deliberately from other versions - so I promise I won't get upset with unintentional errors or oversights. God bless.

Well, I can't but maybe admin will see this and fix it.
I have no agenda here, my Bible of choice is KJV, otherwise I would not be here.

Just a dumb Canuck, that's me.

Grace
Old 02-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Forum Administrator

For the sake of continuity there is a limit on how long after posting that a post can be edited. I suggest just re-posting the quotations from the KJV.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Graceismine

Thank you Brandon, I thought you could delete the thread and I could repost. I realise I couldn't edit after five minutes. I've tried elsewhere.

KJV for Scriptures above:

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Job 37:9 Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.

Job 38:22-23 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Luke 21:25-26 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Nahum 1:3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Psalms 46:1-3 <<To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.>> God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

Thanks to Swordsearcher that wasn't difficult. .....Grace
Old 08-06-2008, 05:53 AM

Just reading through this Post something struck me about the way that Modern Versions take away, water down and twist about the person and works of Jesus Christ. For example, the verse that struck me through the accidental post with a modern quotation was this:-

Luke 21:25-26
"There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Examine the BOLD men "fainting from fear", now this suggests that the terror of the LORD will only cause men to faint and completely undermines His Power. Whereas the KJV states

Luke 21:25-26 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Now this is a completely different take on the verse when its describing the Power and Authority of The Lord because men will not just faint (and I know some even faint at a small drop of Blood) But their Hearts will FAIL them, ie HEART ATTACKS !! Now that is a whole different Kind Of Terror than the terror that only causes fainting.
Sadly another example of Modernists taking away and diminishing.

Posted In the name of My Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 AM
the_archangel007

Men tends to make some things to make a better place to live in.

God is in full control of everything! He knows best. His Wisdom & Grace moves...
Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceismine View Post

The ridiculous path these people have gone down - some genuinely led astray by following only a little over one hundred years of reliable record keeping while others just caught up in the glamour and hype of the latest pop culture social cause - should be obvious to anyone with some common sense and some basic understanding of science.
It really is so humorous at times. One of our local news stations (Houston, Texas) always shows the current day high temperature and also the record high/and year, for that same day in history. Often it goes like this.

TODAY'S TEMPERATURE - 87

RECORD TEMPERATURE - 102 in 1903

So much for global warming!