General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2008, 05:33 AM

Default For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

Guys,

Being a financial planner means I love math. I always have. Many things in life lie and are untrue, however numbers are always truthful. I know what is wrong with the Christians today and why they are just like the world.

Quote:
Proverbs 23:7

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:
Christians are not thinking correctly. They are not thinking about the right things. Why are they thinking like the world? There are a few reason why. Below is the the number one thing wrong with Christians in the world today. I think we need to do the math on this issue. Numbers never lie.

7 hours, 40 minutes per day

That is how long the average person watches TV.

Now how many hours per week. To make the numbers look better we are going to call it 7 hours, 30 minutes per day. I am just taking off 10 minutes off to undercut the study a little bit and see what the numbers look like. I always undercut everything just in case. It never hurts.

7.50 per day

52.5 hours per week.

2730 Hours per year.

113.75 full 24 hour days per year of TV viewing

The average man lives to be 82.5 years based on The 2001 CSO Mortality Table

Lets just say he starts watching TV at age 10 and is an average person. This is taking a few years off of his TV viewing. WE all know kids like cartoons and other kid entertainment shows.

He will watch TV for

8246.875 days of his life.

22.59 years of full TV viewing.

This and this alone is why most live and act like the world. They think just like the world. For over 7 hours per day people get their thoughts from the world via the TV.

Quote:
Proverbs 23:7

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:
You show me how a man thinks and I'll show you how a man lives his life. The mind is what controls the man's actions.

Atlas