Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Connie

Default Unsaved daughter & grandson

My unsaved daughter is going to be visiting me for a few weeks at the end of this month, bringing my baby grandson, and I would really like prayer for real power in presenting the gospel to her or giving her over to the Lord. I don't have a church right now though my old church would pray if I asked them, and I may do that, but I'm asking here as well.

Here's the story. She's unmarried and this child doesn't have a father. I love him to pieces, I love both of them, but it's very hard having unsaved people around for very long, especially relatives. She's sort of coolly polite when I talk about the Lord, but if I say too much she gets very resistant. Once she blurted out a typical atheist complaint about how "unloving" my God is if He punishes people for sin. I've answered such complaints on internet debate but I don't want to get into a fight with her. Of course I pray for them all the time, as well as for her father and her stepbrother. I was not married to her father though we lived together for many years, and I'm reaping generational sin in all this. I came to Christ in the years after I left her father, but she has remained close to him and although I email them my attempts at evangelism from time to time I've seen no sign of any positive response. Much as I would love to have time with my adorable little grandson I'm rather dreading the visit.

All prayer would be much appreciated, for their salvation of course, but also for strength for me to keep up my own spiritual life while they're here. Thank you very much.

Last edited by Connie; 04-05-2008 at 04:54 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-05-2008, 05:58 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

You and your family is in my prayers, sister.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:49 AM

This will be in my prayers, sister. God bless
Old 04-06-2008, 02:39 AM
Connie

Thank you very much, both of you.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 PM

OK ,,,Connie, I got same problem only worse, my daughter is Pegan and preaches that to my grandson, I pray every day for her, I will pray for yours too, every day, IF you will promise to tell me if things change.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Connie

Thanks so much BTGS, Oh, I will be so beside myself with joy if things change I'll be all over this thread telling you about it! I'll add your daughter to my prayer list in exchange too. Thank you!!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Connie

I want to report that my daughter keeps changing her plans about when to visit me. She may decide to come soon or put it off as much as another month. Thank you for those who have been praying. I've continued praying for those I said I would. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:51 AM

The greatest effect that you can have for your daughter is for her to see a kind of compassion coming from you that she cannot explain away in human terms. Allow the Holy Spirit to radiate from you in words and actions. When she throws out the arguments, like God being unloving, she is testing to see if what you have is real. May God's Grace guide you and strengthen you, Sister.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Connie

Thank you for your prayers. They've been here a few weeks and are leaving Tuesday or Wednesday. As usual when they are here, I haven't been keeping up my own devotional and prayer time as much as I should and although I love them and have greatly enjoyed the time with my little grandson I can hardly wait for them to leave so I can start praying again. As usual they affect me more than I affect them. Thanks to all who have been praying.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Connie,,, Been praying every day, keep us posted,,,
My daughter has taken steps to keep us from preaching at our grandson.