Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
The Great White Throne Judgment is only for the LOST. ... There is no works based salvation by faith in Scriptures. (Romans 11:6) Salvation in all dispensations is by grace through faith...from Genesis through Revelation. (Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 4:1-8; Hebrews 11:7) The OT saints were never saved by the Law. Noah and Abraham were saved by grace because they believed God...before the Law was given. The purpose of the Law was not for salvation. The Law was given to reveal sin and to show man that he is a guilty sinner before a Holy God. (Romans 3:19-25; 7:12-13; 1 Timothy 1:9-10). It was also given to bring men to Jesus Christ. (Galatians 3:24-25).
Sister, I'm going to disagree with you here.

Here's the entire passage:

Quote:
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Verse 12: Who are judged? the dead.
What is judged? the things in the books, according to their works. Not according to their names being in any book.
Verse 13: Who is judged here? The dead who were in the sea, and death, and hell. The dead in the sea were not in hell.
What is judged? every man according to his works. Not according to their names being in any book.
Verse 14: Death and hell are cast into the lake of fire. Not the dead, not those dead from the sea.
Verse 15: And of the small and great dead, who were not written in the book of life, were cast into the lake of fire.
So, of the small and great dead, who were being judged by their works, were any written in the book of life? It says that those who were NOT written in the book of life, not all. It leaves some doubt that all went into the lake of fire.

Now, regarding salvation: we know that, before Calvary, it was the works based on the law that decided if a man went to paradise/Heaven or not. A man was judged on his 'works'. In the Tribulation, it was necessary to have both faith and works in order to endure to the end.

I'm at work and it's difficult to try to look up the passages online, but I'll try to do that, later tonight, as time allows: after work we've got revival at our church, and by the time I get home I imagine I'll be pretty tired.

Anyone else who wants to jump in and explain this better than I have, be my guest.