Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Connie

You're right, but Patrick was later than the 2nd century, so now I'm not sure where I got that information. I did just take a look at Schaff and he says Christianity did spread as early as the 2nd century to the Kelts, Gauls and some Germans but that the effects were transitory. I don't have the time to research it further right now but I'm sure I read somewhere about a very strong 2nd century Irish church, centered mostly in a monastery. Anyway, Patrick did do a great work of conversion on the Island. The Wikipedia article on him has a picture of a statue of him with that awful pope's mitre on his head.

Last edited by Connie; 03-13-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: grammar correction
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-13-2008, 01:17 PM
jerry

Monasteries are part of the order of monks - therefore part of the RC church. There would have been none in the 2nd century.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Connie

As I understand it, it wasn't the same kind of monastery as the Roman church later took under their wing. It was more like a home for single men who had devoted their lives to spreading the gospel.

Never mind, I just read the article on the Celtic Church at Wikipedia which suggests I'd read something else that they are now disputing. Maybe I'll run across the source again, but for now it seems it was all part of the early medieval development of the Roman church, or at least that is the accepted view at the moment.

Last edited by Connie; 03-13-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:33 PM

Connie try not to get to deeply involved with numerology. it was instructed by even early church Fathers Supposed Church fathers) in there time to the people not to number names. just about everyones name will in some way come back as 666.

Numerology is very New Age. when I was involved in that I used it al the time.

just live in faith in Christ Jesus every day and yield to the Holy Ghost when you want to number someones name.

God bless
Old 03-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Connie

I never thought of this as numerology and I've never seen any other convincing claim for a name to add up to 666. This one is amazing, using the very numbers built into the name because of the way Latin is constructed. And when I first learned this name I felt strongly it was from the Holy Spirit. I wasn't looking for it,

I don't do numerology, I don't sit around adding up names. Someone called me and told it to me, as a matter of fact during a period when I was seeking the Lord in a more intense way than usual.

Strictly speaking, it's not a name, not a personal name, it's a title, and the title all by itself says "Antichrist" as already pointed out.

What do YOU make of "the number of his name" if not something along these lines?

Last edited by Connie; 03-13-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:12 PM
jerry

Connie, you are right on. Numerology is something entirely different. It is making some significance in a name based on the letters or number of letters. We are only using what God said. In Hebrew and Greek every letter equals a particular number - therefore it is easy to determine (at the right time) that the one-world leader that arises is in fact the Antichrist.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Connie

Thanks, Jerry. It actually upsets me a lot to have to think I'm doing anything New Age because I've spent the last dozen or so years trying to get out from under the charismatic influence and a previous indulgence in the occult and am myself by now pretty good at spotting anything New Age or demonic. Dangerous stuff. So that thought shakes me up. But I think there is good reason in this case to believe this is from the Lord.

Are the equivalences in Hebrew and Greek the same as in Latin where the way the letter is written is also the way the number is written?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:15 AM

Well the Bible does not go into instructions on numbering the man. but if chapter 17 of Revelations doesn't convince you without adding up viar of Christ to the numner 666 the the roman catholic church is in the heart of the Satanic plan of the anti-christ. we know that the anti-christ will claim to be christ.

the Bible no where tells people to add numbers to the scriptures. and the Scriptures already tell you the number is 666, the DeVince code uses numerology, the Kabala of the Hebrews uses it, New Age use it (using Latin, Greek and English letters with Values is numerology). yes they use it to see what type of fortune can be told but also to see who is a real teacher and who is false. all Popes us the title Vicar of Christ all of them are antiChrist and you don't need numbers to see that in the Bible. Vicar of Christ is the English transliteration of the Latin which means in Place of Christ which is the translitertion of the greek Anti Cristo some manuscripts have it Anti logos. but it is the same Anti-christ.

I am not implying you are New AGe but there are Devils behind it and if you expose yourself to deeply tryig to see if Adolf Hitler, Bill Clinton, Bill Gates or any other names come up 666 you are placing yourself in a room with Devils. so just be careful. By the way I saw a post that had all those names added up to 666.

God bless
Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 AM
jerry

Argue all you want Chette, but it is God Himself that tells us the Antichrist name adds up to 666 - so don't try to make people feel evil because they actually believe the Bible and believe that the Antichrist's name WILL add up to that number.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Jerry Rev. 13 is not instructing you or any Christian in this dispensation to count the number of his name.

I never said any one was evil either.

All it is you will open up doors of demonic source when doing numerology that is Counting the Numbers of a persons name. the only people who will need to count his name are not in this Dispensation. so first the counting of the Popes title in this dispensation wont help you identify the anti-christ for there are many. that instruction is for a Dispensation of Seven Years the is often called the Great Tribulation. If you or connie end up in that dispensation (may the Lord help you) then you have a reason to count numbers of names. and it will be revealed as in times past by someone of the 144 or the 2 witnesses as to your wisdom on how to number.

keep it in the dispensation and youall wont get messed up. count it in this dispensation you are practicing NUMEROLOGY which in this dispensation is DEMONIC

Last edited by chette777; 03-14-2008 at 11:22 PM.