Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Rightful_Thinking

Default Obama - *Change* we Need?

Proverbs seems to warn against this ... as well as Obama's claim that the evil men he associates with are *okay*. I'm holding to the promise that if we rebuke this man -- we shall receive blessings.

Proverbs 24 (KJV)

21 My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change:

22 For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

23 These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.

24 He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:

25 But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-04-2008, 10:17 AM

I know as Patriots and red-white-and-blue-blooded Americans, we don't necessarily like this, but...

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

I'd love to secede and whatnot, but God calls us to submit; through submission to power for God's honor, we will gain His power in our lives, and He will be glorified.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 AM

MC,

You can " secede " by yourself.

All you have to do is renounce your citizenship and leave the nation.

You can do this at any time. It is your right.

Atlas
Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Bro. Parrish

MC1171611:
I'm not saying you're taking those verses out of context, but with regard to vs. 17, America has no king, and how would America ever have started if our ancestors had honored their previous king? Somewhere along the line we held a revolution. The people in that age served under kings and royalty, they had no ability to VOTE AND ELECT their leaders to form every "ordinance of man," (laws) no, actually God gave us that great freedom and our forefathers helped insure it in places like Iwo Jima and Peleliu. Food for thought.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-04-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:55 PM

Was God honored by that rebellion?

I ask this as a Patriotic Southern American. I'm very thankful for my country, everything it's done for the cause of Christ and everything else. However, let's look at it Biblically. Was the "rebellion" of 1776 honoring to God? Seriously now, according to the Scriptures.

Atlas, according to the Declaration of Independence, secession isn't just a right, but a DUTY. Don't forget that.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
I'd love to secede and whatnot, but God calls us to submit; through submission to power for God's honor, we will gain His power in our lives, and He will be glorified.
The lack of submission to God has erroded this blessed nation since the founding of American. How many presidents did it take before God was no longer a big part of govn't, how many? 8?10????people talk about our founding fathers. How many? before this country went into decline and took God out. The same can be said for our justice system and educational institutions.
Look who we have for Presidential candidates. Is this the best we can do? I think we know that neither candidate is worthy,but ,we still have to vote according to Godly principals.
This is a byproduct of society getting rid of God. The old saying,you get what you pay for. What will sins of a nation produce tomorrow? Not to late to turn back to God.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Was God honored by that rebellion?

I ask this as a Patriotic Southern American. I'm very thankful for my country, everything it's done for the cause of Christ and everything else. However, let's look at it Biblically. Was the "rebellion" of 1776 honoring to God? Seriously now, according to the Scriptures.
Well, I think America turned out pretty good, and I don't need the scriptures to connect those dots brother. Last time I checked, Americans have done more to spread the Gospel than just about any other group in recent history. Are we a nation of saints, no. But I'm not ready to "secede" and give it over to the Marxists either.
BTW, I say this as a Patriotic Southern American, too!

My point and question both remain:
America has no king, and how would America ever have started if our ancestors had honored their previous king?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-04-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
The lack of submission to God has erroded this blessed nation since the founding of American. How many presidents did it take before God was no longer a big part of govn't, how many? 8?10????people talk about our founding fathers. How many? before this country went into decline and took God out. The same can be said for our justice system and educational institutions.
Look who we have for Presidential candidates. Is this the best we can do? I think we know that neither candidate is worthy,but ,we still have to vote according to Godly principals.
This is a byproduct of society getting rid of God. The old saying,you get what you pay for. What will sins of a nation produce tomorrow?
Brother, I totally agree with most of your post, as sad as that is.

However, I think we've passed the point of no return. Remember, Jeremiah preached to people who God said would not listen or repent. I think we've a similar situation today.

Quote:
Not to late to turn back to God.
I think it is too late, sorry I have to say it.

I grieve for the country that we were, and no longer are. As far as I'm concerned, this election is a wake up for the children of God, to get them to really let go of the things of the world, and get ready for the Lord's return.
"Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
Old 11-05-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
I think we've passed the point of no return.
I grieve for the country that we were, and no longer are. As far as I'm concerned, this election is a wake up for the children of God, to get them to really let go of the things of the world, and get ready for the Lord's return.[/color] "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."[/b]
You are correct. I think it is too late as a nation,but,not as individuals. I see it as another sign,as the EU (Old Roman Empire)begins to take hold and a One world govn't emerges.
Looking for the Blessed Hope.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
My point and question both remain:
America has no king, and how would America ever have started if our ancestors had honored their previous king?
I think I've known you long enough, brother, and well enough, to be candid: you know that I speak in love. It sounds as though you're trying to find a rationale for rebellion. No, I don't think you're a political revolutionary: but you seem (I repeat, seem) determined to justify a stance of non-submission to the authorities. That's not scriptural, brother, and you know it.

Yes, America turned out pretty well; it was the greatest nation on earth for a long time, and still is in some ways. But political revolution or rebellion is never countenanced in scripture. If that means the Founders were wrong, so be it. We know that they were wrong in other ways: that little matter of slavery didn't turn out too well, did it?

Three or four months ago, you and I were bickering over whether a Christian should vote for McCain. That was a legitimate discussion for two Christians to have; and, when it came down to the wire, we were on the same side. But dragging one's feet on the issue of Romans 13 is not a legitimate option for Christians.

And, with reference to 1 Pe. 2:13, 17, please don't give me that silly stuff about "Obama's not a king." You know perfectly well that those verses are not limited to actual hereditary monarchs.

I love you, brother. Look up, for our redemption draweth nigh!