Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

View Poll Results: Do Christians Worry too much?
Yes, the mind of the Church is much like the non-believer in this regard. 9 90.00%
Yes, the mind of the Church is much like the non-believer in this regard.
9 90.00%
No! We should be worried! (what would happen to TUMMS sales?) 1 10.00%
No! We should be worried! (what would happen to TUMMS sales?)
1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
With that being said, I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin. I don't believe that John McCain is much more worthy of the office of President than Obama, and he's not even a natural-born US citizen! God is in control regardless of who is in office; I have to think that getting an oppressive man like Obama in office might just be what revitalizes the Church in these last days approaching the Tribulation.

Why is it that 3 out of 4 years, we make snide jokes about politicians and lawyers, then election year, we seen to think that all the Republican politicians, many of whom are lawyers, are all good and great and worthy of our admiration? I think even Conservatives are swayed too much by publicity and advertisements!
I don't think much of most politicians Republican or otherwise. Republicans do tend to "stink" slightly less than democrats...

And while it is nice to vote for the guy I actually LIKE in the primary, I'll vote AGAINST the worst of the two choices that actually have a chance of getting in there. Voting otherwise is just another vote for the worst of the two choices. A vote that otherwise would have been counted against him.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-30-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
I don't think much of most politicians Republican or otherwise. Republicans do tend to "stink" slightly less than democrats...

And while it is nice to vote for the guy I actually LIKE in the primary, I'll vote AGAINST the worst of the two choices that actually have a chance of getting in there. Voting otherwise is just another vote for the worst of the two choices. A vote that otherwise would have been counted against him.
I felt the same way too, but then I realized that I was planning to vote against my principles, and in a way, doing that would have exhibited a lack of trust in God. (in my opinion) I believe that God is in control of the entire situation, and regardless of what happens afterward, I will vote according to the Bible and according to my principals.

Michael Savage pointed out something good: we know Obama will try to take our guns away, will curtail freedoms, will distribute wealth, but how do we know that McCain won't? We don't; politicians are liars. A vote for McCain might wind up being just as bad as voting for Obama.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:11 PM

If McCain loses Florida by one vote, blame me.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
If McCain loses Florida by one vote, blame me.
Actually, it wouldn't be your fault. It's the fault of those people who are ignorantly voting for Obama. It's shocking that only a few years after 9/11, the American people want a man who came from Muslim roots to be our President. It's bad enough to forget history that happened before you were born... but every voter in America today is old enough to remember 9/11!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBPrincess View Post
Actually, it wouldn't be your fault. It's the fault of those people who are ignorantly voting for Obama. It's shocking that only a few years after 9/11, the American people want a man who came from Muslim roots to be our President. It's bad enough to forget history that happened before you were born... but every voter in America today is old enough to remember 9/11!
Sad, but good point, I once said America has "collective" ADD. I mean really, people in this country have rotted their brains watching "American Idol" or whatever, they cant REMEMBER yesterday, except who won American Idol....
Old 10-30-2008, 03:36 PM
aussiemama

Lol even this Australian remembers 9/11.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:10 PM

Guys,

We all worry. Like when our child is sick or our job is not going well. it's hard not to worry. We all need to have more faith in God. This is not as easy as it sounds at all times.

Atlas
Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Guys,

We all worry. Like when our child is sick or our job is not going well. it's hard not to worry. We all need to have more faith in God. This is not as easy as it sounds at all times.

Atlas
Atlas, if your CHILD is sick I would wonder about your parenting skills if you showed no concern! Really, my reflections were more focused on general things I feel the 21st century Christian is concerned about, I am a Republican, but I know that the party has flaws, as a Christian, I have to realize, I should not lose sleep over an election, the Church is 2000 years old, we have seen good and strong leaders, we have seen small wicked tyrants, we have seen the rise and fall of Empires. The Church still stands. Your point is good, and well noted, if a loved one is sick, that is an "immediate" concern, and it is our Christian duty to do as best as we can by our families, really my friend my focus was on the worrying of things that are truly and in the ultimate sense in the hands of our Blessed Lord. Grace and Peace.