Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:32 AM

Default Westboro: God Hates TN

Last Friday 4 cheerleaders from one of my local schools and 2 other victims got in a car accident and died. Most of them burned up. Most of them had a Salvation Testimony. Praise God for that.

Last night I found this....

http://www. godhatesf ags.com/written/fliers/20081028_scott-high-cheerleader-funeral.pdf

Evidently, those saved girls died because the sin in Tennessee? And they plan on picketing the funerals.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-29-2008, 06:45 AM
aussiemama

I have heard it speculated that this group just uses a church to hide under, that really, since all of them are lawyers, that they have an agenda to stop churches from being able to speak and preach on the streets, and so they behave badly so that people will hate Christians etc. I wouldn't be surprised. Also, since they are lawyers, they can also sue and make a lot of money when people try to shut them up. I feel bad for all the families who have the funerals of their loved ones picketed, even the ones with the homosexual family members, they still loved those people.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:26 AM

As they say, "There is a special place in hell..."

I am glad that I will not be anywhere near the people in this group when they stand before God for judgment!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Forum Administrator

Guys, when you link to a site that is filled with filth and hate and a false gospel, please obfuscate the link so they don't benefit from search engine page rank systems that count a link as a "vote."
Old 10-29-2008, 09:17 AM
aussiemama

What does that obfuscate or whatever the link mean?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
Something about a public outhouse with transparent glass walls.

Seems the site is disabled anyway.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I have heard it speculated that this group just uses a church to hide under, that really, since all of them are lawyers, that they have an agenda to stop churches from being able to speak and preach on the streets, and so they behave badly so that people will hate Christians etc. I wouldn't be surprised. Also, since they are lawyers, they can also sue and make a lot of money when people try to shut them up. I feel bad for all the families who have the funerals of their loved ones picketed, even the ones with the homosexual family members, they still loved those people.
I read an article about that awhile back. I wish I would have kept it. But basically it said the same thing. THis group is no Christian just set up to push the gay agenda and stop the right of church to speak the truth. God bless.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Write the URL in such a way that it is not automatically linked. If someone wants to visit there, they can type it in themselves. You can do this by putting a spaces in the www. and .com parts of the URL.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 PM

Sorry about that Bro. Diligent. I didn't know I could do that. I'll do that next time.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiemama
I have heard it speculated that this group just uses a church to hide under, that really, since all of them are lawyers, that they have an agenda to stop churches from being able to speak and preach on the streets, and so they behave badly so that people will hate Christians etc. I wouldn't be surprised. Also, since they are lawyers, they can also sue and make a lot of money when people try to shut them up.
Actually, the Westboro Baptist Church is not composed of lawyers, although they undoubtedly hire quite a few of them. It's pretty much a one-family operation, and there are less than 50 active members. The "Pastor," Fred Phelps, is getting along in years, and his daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, is starting to take over the public relations side of the operation. I've heard them both interviewed, repeatedly, on the radio, and they're as nasty a pair as you're likely to find outside the Manson family. The church is primarily composed of Phelps' children and grandchildren; many of the people who join their "demonstrations" are not church members, but simply troublemakers, ne'er-do-wells, and bullies. They remind me of the scene in Acts 17:5: But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.

That's the Phelps operation in a nutshell.