Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

View Poll Results: If it happens.....
I doubt most would follow the mandate of Prayer. 1 12.50%
I doubt most would follow the mandate of Prayer.
1 12.50%
I think most would obey Holy-Writ and Pray. 7 87.50%
I think most would obey Holy-Writ and Pray.
7 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Yes, I will certainly pray for him.
I will pray that Obama trips on a KJV Bible, picks it up, reads it, understands it, gets saved, then stops supporting gun bans and partial birth abortion, and forsakes his roots with communists like his father Obama Sr. and Frank Marshall Davis, and forgets his political beginnings with bomb throwing terrorists like Bill Ayers and America-haters like Jeremiah Wright, and actually does something good for America.

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." Matt. 19:26
AMEN. I hope it happens exactly like that!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Vendetta Ride

I am also a lifelong Republican. One of my earliest memories was sitting in a booth at the Los Angeles County Fair in 1956, when my mother was working for Ike's re-election. But no more. At the Presidential level, GOP candidates are always better than their Democratic opponents, but that's damning with faint praise!

I'm with Kinky Friedman, the eccentric Jewish cowboy who ran for Governor of Texas as an Independent. He refers to the two major parties as "the Crips and the Bloods."

As for praying for Obama:

I will, like others have said, pray for him to be saved, and pray for him to change his thinking on the issues. But I won't limit my prayers to that. I'll pray for him the way I prayed for Clinton and Bush (who I greatly dislike) and the Supreme Court justices and Congressional leaders: that God will grant him safety and good health, bless his family, prosper him in an honest way, and make him a good husband, father, and man. I'll pray for God to bless him - - - although I no longer say "God bless America." We're past that point, and the Bible doesn't instruct me to pray for that.

When we limit our prayers to "God, please straighten this chucklehead out," we're not really praying for him; we're criticizing him to God. I don't think that's the kind of prayers God wants. Such prayers are a little too close to Luke 18:11 for my tastes.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
I am also a lifelong Republican. One of my earliest memories was sitting in a booth at the Los Angeles County Fair in 1956, when my mother was working for Ike's re-election. But no more. At the Presidential level, GOP candidates are always better than their Democratic opponents, but that's damning with faint praise!

I'm with Kinky Friedman, the eccentric Jewish cowboy who ran for Governor of Texas as an Independent. He refers to the two major parties as "the Crips and the Bloods."

I will, like others have said, pray for him to be saved, and pray for him to change his thinking on the issues. But I won't limit my prayers to that. I'll pray for him the way I prayed for Clinton and Bush (who I greatly dislike) and the Supreme Court justices and Congressional leaders: that God will grant him safety and good health, bless his family, prosper him in an honest way, and make him a good husband, father, and man. I'll pray for God to bless him - - - although I no longer say "God bless America." We're past that point, and the Bible doesn't instruct me to pray for that.

When we limit our prayers to "God, please straighten this chucklehead out," we're not really praying for him; we're criticizing him to God. I don't think that's the kind of prayers God wants. Such prayers are a little too close to Luke 18:11 for my tastes.
Right, but praying that he comes to truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and represent American in a God glorifying way is not criticizing him, it's blessing him!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
I don't think most Christians will pray for him, mainly because there is so much apostasy here in America.

I heard that during the Clinton administration, there was an increase in prayer...for the Lord to return!

Then if Obama wins, it may become a question of who's the better evangelist? Obama or Clinton? (I already listened to that part, Here Am I)
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post

I would pray also for him to be led by the wisdom of God (even if he does not know God is the source.) For me, I would still pray for God's blessings on our Nation, for all of the flaws the Nation has, we still have the largest number of Christians and remain the largest sender and supporter of missionaries.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
I would pray also for him to be led by the wisdom of God (even if he does not know God is the source.) For me, I would still pray for God's blessings on our Nation, for all of the flaws the Nation has, we still have the largest number of Christians and remain the largest sender and supporter of missionaries.
That is true, by the grace of God, but I don't believe that the presence of a remnant will hold off God's judgment much longer. The Biblical pattern is that God removes the remnant, then unleashes His wrath. That's where the Rapture comes in.

But I will not ask God to bless a nation that has deliberately and intentionally rejected Him as America has. Don't do it, Lord!