Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:20 PM

Default Apple donates money to fight tradition marriage

So apple (along with google) have donated a good chunk of money to fight traditional marriage and flood the media with anti-proposition 8 propoganda. I personally don't use Apple's products (and now I never will) being a linux user myself, but I thought you all would want to know this so you can make educated decisions as a technology consumers.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=31899

Evangelicals are also praying and fasting over this, which I think is a good thing to do.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=79281

We certainly live in interesting times...

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-31-2008, 10:39 PM

Stephanos,

Sadly you are correct about this issue. As an investor and very small owner of Apple. I will send them a letter addressing this issue. Steve Jobs has always been a big lib. I doubt I'll get a reply. That being said Bill Gates is not much better than Jobs.

The sad thing is many investors never even find out about issues like this until it's to late. Companies need to spend more time on making money and lees time giving it away for political groups.

Did you know GM owns part of and X rated film company? So many companies are doing so many things it's hard to keep up with them all and what they are doing.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 10-31-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 PM

I emailed Steve Jobs within an hour of seeing the news release. He replied saying that it's a civil rights issue as far as they're concerned. I absolutely detest spending money with companies that openly support the sodomite agenda (we quit buying Pepsi even though Mt. Dew is my favorite), but when you're looking at two ultra-liberal companies, there isn't much way to choose one or the other on morally-based opinions.

I'm still an Apple fan; I love the hardware and software, though I detest their social policies.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:18 AM

It's only because they want even more "hepcat, arty, homo street cred". Yeah, their OS is pretty cool and white is the new black, but Mac's just seem too... trendy or pretentious for me. Apple are acting like they are a fashion statement, rather than a computer.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It's only because they want even more "hepcat, arty, homo street cred". Yeah, their OS is pretty cool and white is the new black, but Mac's just seem too... trendy or pretentious for me. Apple are acting like they are a fashion statement, rather than a computer.
To the ones that have NEVER used the OSX o/s it may SEEM like a fashion statement, to anyone who OWNS the OSX o/s, the reality is it just works the way a computer is supposed to, without all the headaches of updates, cleaning the registry, anti virus, anti this and anti that, you spend more time actually tasking then you do maintaining.

To me that's not a fashion statement, that is a computer built and designed to do what it is meant to do. (politics and beliefs aside, I purchased it for what it does, not what Jobs believes.)
Old 11-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
To the ones that have NEVER used the OSX o/s it may SEEM like a fashion statement, to anyone who OWNS the OSX o/s, the reality is it just works the way a computer is supposed to, without all the headaches of updates, cleaning the registry, anti virus, anti this and anti that, you spend more time actually tasking then you do maintaining.

To me that's not a fashion statement, that is a computer built and designed to do what it is meant to do. (politics and beliefs aside, I purchased it for what it does, not what Jobs believes.)
Hear hear!! (can we turn on the "rate posts" feature? )
Old 11-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post

Ditto! I need a reliable computer, MOST companies are NOT run buy Christians, so if I tried to avoid buying any product that had board members with bad agendas, I would probably not buy anything ever....the sin is theirs not mine.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
Ditto! I need a reliable computer, MOST companies are NOT run buy Christians, so if I tried to avoid buying any product that had board members with bad agendas, I would probably not buy anything ever....the sin is theirs not mine.
As much as I hate to admit it...Al Gore is on Apple's board of directors.

*goes and pukes*

Anyhow, interestingly enough, Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, also started Pixar (which makes some of the cleanest, most family-oriented films today) Studios, which was bought out by Disney. So now he's a multi-billionaire, and the majority stockholder of Disney. It's all intertwined, so no matter who you buy from, eventually that money's going into a queer's or a queer supporter's pockets. I just try to minimize that where I can, and protest where I can't.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
I just try to minimize that where I can, and protest where I can't.
That's good advice, Vince. In the mean time, we outta keep using these handy resources to spread the Gospel and preach the word!

Guard those eyes Brethren! Avoid the devil. Don't allow the convenience of access through a computer to take you away from loving Jesus Christ!

1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.