Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2009, 06:40 AM

Default Serpent Seed and the Kenites

I have been corresponding with a young man who has started believing the serpent seed / Kenite teachings. This teaching comes in a variety of forms but basically they say Cain was a result of a sexual union of Satan and Eve and the Kenites are their offspring, somehow survived the flood and the pharisees were Kenites. Some believe all of the Jews are Kenites. This is based primarily on verses such as 1 John 3:12, John 8:44, and Matthew 13:38. Have any of you dealt with folks who follow this teaching? I was presented with the below and would like to respond with as understandable a reply as I can.
Yeah I always thought the same way until I actually took the time to read scripture. 2 Timothy 2:15 says to rightly divide the word of truth. The point I am making below through scripture is that after Cain slew Abel he says in vs. 14 below that "
that every one that findeth me shall slay me." All the days of Adam were 930 yrs as stated below in Genesis 5:5. Genesis 5:3 says:

"And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:" So it was not for 130 yrs later did Adam have Seth;

Genesis 5:4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:"

So after he had Seth 130 yrs later after Cain and Abel then he begat sons and daughters. So when given he had Seth at 130 yrs old and then lived for 800 yrs and beget sons and daughters. Which 130 +800 = 930 yrs which verse 5 clearly says all the days of Adam were 930 yrs.

So Genesis 4:14 Cain had to be referring to the other races of people living on earth who would kill him; cuz no one else had been born yet from Adam's lineage...

SO THEREFORE CAIN HAD TO MARRY FROM A DIFFERENT RACE WHICH AS SCRIPTURE INDICATES IN THE LAND OF NOD....

Genesis 4:14 "Behold, Thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from Thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass that every one that findeth me shall slay me."

Genesis 4:25 "And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew."

This is after the death of Abel; for Abel is dead, murdered by his brother Cain. Abel had no children. The second son of Adam is "Seth", and in the Hebrew text it means "appointed", and comes from the word "Sheth" which is translated to "substituted".

Genesis 4:26 "And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos; Then began men to call upon the name of the Lord."