Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Default Excellent op-ed by father of Richard Pearl

There is an excellent op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal. It was written by the father of Richard Pearl, who was sadisticaly and brutally murdered by Muslim terrorists. A portion of the article is excerpted below.

This is slightly off topic, but there is an excellent, devastating op-ed in the Wall Street Journal. It was written by Judea Pearl. He is the father of Daniel Pearl. You might remember him as the guy who got his head sawed off by the practitoners of the "Religion of Peace."

Here is an excerpt, but do yourself a favor and read the whole thing.

Begin excerpt: "[S]omehow, barbarism, often cloaked in the language of "resistance," has gained acceptance in the most elite circles of our society. The words "war on terror" cannot be uttered today without fear of offense. Civilized society, so it seems, is so numbed by violence that it has lost its gift to be disgusted by evil.

But the clearest endorsement of terror as a legitimate instrument of political bargaining came from former President Jimmy Carter. In his book "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid," Mr. Carter appeals to the sponsors of suicide bombing. "It is imperative that the general Arab community and all significant Palestinian groups make it clear that they will end the suicide bombings and other acts of terrorism when international laws and the ultimate goals of the Road-map for Peace are accepted by Israel." Acts of terror, according to Mr. Carter, are no longer taboo, but effective tools for terrorists to address perceived injustices.

Mr. Carter's logic has become the dominant paradigm in rationalizing terror. When asked what Israel should do to stop Hamas's rockets aimed at innocent civilians, the Syrian first lady, Asma Al-Assad, did not hesitate for a moment in her response: "They should end the occupation." In other words, terror must earn a dividend before it is stopped.

Some American pundits and TV anchors didn't seem much different from Al Jazeera in their analysis of the recent war in Gaza. Bill Moyers was quick to lend Hamas legitimacy as a "resistance" movement, together with honorary membership in PBS's imaginary "cycle of violence." In his Jan. 9 TV show, Mr. Moyers explained to his viewers that "each [side] greases the cycle of violence, as one man's terrorism becomes another's resistance to oppression." He then stated -- without blushing -- that for readers of the Hebrew Bible "God-soaked violence became genetically coded." The "cycle of violence" platitude allows analysts to empower terror with the guise of reciprocity, and, amazingly, indict terror's victims for violence as immutable as DNA.

When we ask ourselves what it is about the American psyche that enables genocidal organizations like Hamas -- the charter of which would offend every neuron in our brains -- to become tolerated in public discourse, we should take a hard look at our universities and the way they are currently being manipulated by terrorist sympathizers.

Danny's picture is hanging just in front of me, his warm smile as reassuring as ever. But I find it hard to look him straight in the eyes and say: You did not die in vain." end of excerpt.

The following comments are mine and were orignally posted on another blog. I have received a very positive response to them so I will reprint them here as I believe they need to be said again and again.

One day soon, the pro-terrorism apologists in this country are going to stand before God almighty and have to answer for their sickening, moral equivalence.

Too many Americans think that we are in a battle of civilizations. That is false. We are the only civilization. The radical Islamic groups in the Middle East would have to evolve by several generations of morality and decency to rise to the level of senseless barbarian savages.

It bears repeating again. These "people" are not interested in getting along. Or understanding our point of view. Or co-existing with Christianity or Jews. Period. They. Want. Us. Dead. Why can't some of you get that through your heads?

It does not matter that we have a president with more Muslim sympathies than Christian leanings. It does not matter how many times we say that "we mean them no harm." In that culture, tolerance, forgiveness, pity, in other words, any of the Christian values that we (at least used to) hold so dear in this country, are looked at as WEAKNESS.

How many times do they have to tell us in plain language that this is a religious war? Look at what is happening to Europe, where the Islamic immigrants have gotten a foothold in France, Spain and Britain. Look at what France now has to "tolerate." Months of rioting. Britain is now actually accepting Sharia (Radical Islamic) law into its court systems and is making its banking system fully compliant with Islamic banking principles.

We are headed down this road very shortly if we don't wake up and first of all 100% fully support Israel as a country. Secondly, we have to have a zero-tolerance policy as regards terrorism and its sponsors. I am a Christian and I believe in the power of prayer. The Bible teaches turn the other cheek, but this is in individual life. Jesus was NOT teaching pacifism or that nations should not defend themselves against evil aggression.

I am afraid that it is already too late, but I will continue to pray for our president and our leaders, that God would give them wisdom and strength in how to deal with the threat from Islam. But my fear is that President Obama, despite his weak profession of Christianity, is much more sympathetic to Muslims than he has let on. His actions in the first few weeks of his presidency only strengthen that belief.

May the Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on this nation, but we should consider the fate of every other nation that has stood against Israel. The history books are full of stories about empires that fell because they opposed God's people. Some of you may scoff, but look it up. We are coming perilously close to that point.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Bro. Parrish

I think you have reason for concern. I am still amazed and saddened that in 2007 his church published the HAMAS article from Mousa Abu Marzook, a man designated by the U.S. State Dept. as a known terrorist, and that this was largely ignored by the MSM... details here:
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=59456