Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Manny,

I am in agreement with you. God can have His perfect word in another language. Is our God "limited" to just English? I trow not! On the other hand,I don't think that there are very many Bibles in other languages that have "measured up" to the King James Bible, in purity and authority.

I appreciate your testimony about the Reina Valera Gomez Bible (aka RVG). I have heard (and read) so much conflicting testimony about the different Valera's that I didn't know what to believe. I will accept your testimony (and the work you have done in researching this issue) as the truth.

Just an added note of appreciation. I really have appreciated all of your posts brother. They are always thoughtful, well-reasoned, and appropriate.

May our God bless you and yours always.

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy word,
George Anderson
Thank you my Brother for the kind words. Its encouraging to know that you also understand that our God is not limited and that he can provide his pure words in any language. Unfortunately, as you said there are not many KJV-equivalent translations in foreign languages. I really believe that the current controversy of the different Spanish Bibles is causing an awareness of the need of faithful Received Text based KJV-equivalent translations in other languages. A Bible translator told me that there are over 3000 languages in the world today that do not have one verse of scripture translated. What a sad commentary! How sad that the Alexandrian text crowd are fighting for their over 200 "easier-to-read" English bibles (and more on the way) while there are 3000 other languages without one verse of scripture translated. Surely we are living in the Laodicean period. I am praying that God will raise up more laborers who are willing to commit themselves to God and take on the task of getting God's pure words to the world. We have so much work to do. So many gaps to fill. So many souls to reach. We need more soldiers!

Last edited by Manny Rodriguez; 09-05-2008 at 07:03 PM.