Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
To me, the relevant question is: "Can a true born-again "Catholic" continue to follow the false teaching of Catholicism?"
That's a good point Forrest, I think every Catholic I ever knew who got saved eventually came out of it completely and had nothing good to say about it afterwards.

One of my best friends many years ago was actually planning on becoming a priest. He started going to our church to hang out with the single adults ministry and he had a lot of questions. We use to play tennis together every week and I could tell he was in a lot of spiritual turmoil over this. I was able to relate because I had a fair amount of Catholic influence in my life as a youngster.

Well that old KJV got him straightened out and eventually he became a warrior for God and got married. I can recall several stories like this with former Catholics I have had the pleasure of knowing over the years. I think the more they learn about God's Word, the less they will feel comfortable in Catholic doctrine.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-20-2009 at 01:46 PM.