Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
For both posters who went on the offensive for me suggesting a free site and that Websters Dictionary was on it please take note...HE ASKED FOR IT! That is all I have to say. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
I did recommend a dictionary in my post. I don't think it is a required tool for Bible study, but it can help if one gets a decent one. Strongs is a lexicon diguised as a concordance, which was put together by a Bible corrector (the new ones are far worse). In the hands of a undiscerning mind these lexicons WILL become the authority in place of the Bible itself. I wanted to warn IC@KJV about the use of such deceptive tools, and help him to see that God has given him everything he needs in ONE Book, the King James Bible.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-11-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I did recommend a dictionary in my post. I don't think it is a required tool for Bible study, but it can help if one gets a decent one. Strongs is a lexicon diguised as a concordance, which was put together by a Bible corrector (the new ones are far worse). In the hands of a undiscerning mind these lexicons WILL become the authority in place of the Bible itself. I wanted to warn IC@KJV about the use of such deceptive tools, and help him to see that God has given him everything he needs in ONE Book, the King James Bible.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
This is fine. I may not agree but your opinion is not an issue for me. Next time just keep in mind I am not out to get anyone here. I may not agree with most people here about the KJV only issue but I am not the enemy. I like to chat with people here on issues because the more knowledge I gain the more I can use it for God.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC@KJV View Post
Hello!

I am new to reading the KJV Bible, and I read from these posts that the Nelson KJV isnt the "right" one as they have alexandrian tendencies. (Nelson KJV is the one I have).

So my question is this: Which KJV Bible is best to use (cambridge, oxford, etc...)?? where can I buy it??

I would like a larger Bible, with bigger letters and words of Christ in red. So can someone please point me in the direction that I need to go.

Also is there a book, dictionary, etc... that I can use with the KJV?? (something other then swordsearcher).

Thank You

God Bless
I am new to reading the KJV Bible, and I read from these posts that the Nelson KJV isnt the "right" one as they have alexandrian tendencies. (Nelson KJV is the one I have).

So my question is this: Which KJV Bible is best to use (cambridge, oxford, etc...)?? where can I buy it??

I would like a larger Bible, with bigger letters and words of Christ in red. So can someone please point me in the direction that I need to go.

Also is there a book, dictionary, etc... that I can use with the KJV?? (something other then swordsearcher).

Thank You

God Bless
_________
I do think this needs to be stated. I provide the following note FYE, not to be critical. You state:"....reading the KJV Bible...", and "...Which KJV Bible is best to use...." Leaving "features" aside("larger Bible, with bigger letters and words of Christ in red"....wide margins...etc.), the "bigger" question, it seems to me, is whether you are going to believe that Holy Bible.

That is, I often hear the issue framed as "Which 'the' bible do you 'prefer', 'use', 'like'......?"

I "use" a car manual, dictionary, Strongs......' , and I "like" ice cream, my "favorite" being vanilla, and I "like" smoking, my favorite being NOW shorts. That is, the "which 'the' Bible" issue is framed in terms of "likeability", "preference", or 'usability", instead of truth. No one believes a 'the' Bible they "prefer", "like", or "use", for that presupposes an authority over it. And this is the mindset of "The Bible Correction Society", i.e., they have there doctrine, and if they read a verse that they do not understand, since it does not "fit"/suit their doctrine, because they do not understand it, they find a "version" that does, that they "prefer", that they "like", that is their "favorite". Thus, instead of the Holy Bible correcting them(2 Tim. 3:16), they submit the Holy Bible to their(fallible) correction, and thus, they are the final authority, not the objective words of the Holy Bible. Instead of them "revising", "correcting" their doctrine based on the objective words of the Holy Bible, i.e., it is they that needs "correction", "revision"...., they "correct", "revise" the Holy Bible, instead of believing it, and submitting to it.

If this is "off course", I apologize. My intent was to frame the debate as one of truth, not "preference", "usability","likeability." I do not understand/like much of Shakespeare , nor a medical book(my brother is a doctor), but I am not to "revise", "correct",.....based on my understandabilty(or lack thereof) or "preference."

In Christ,

John M. Whalen
Old 11-12-2008, 11:39 PM

Hi!

Thank You for that information, I downloaded e-sword and I must say that it is AWESOME!!!

I have never before used a program/book that is so helpfull.

Thank You and God Bless Thee!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 PM

Hi!

Thank You all!! for giving me alot of helpfull advice. May God Bless You all!