Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
The Word of God
As Brandon asked ....where is it??

Since you do not profess to have a perfect Bible, why do you refer to it as "The Word of God"

God certainly wouldn't preserve his Word with error, particularly such blatantly astounding errors contained in modern versions.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-13-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Jordan, you askedo you in any fashion think that you fit into a category of people defined as King James Version/Bible-Only? Are you sincerely asking this question as one who is not sure of his position? The reason that I ask is that your witness is not that of one who is uncertain and seeking advice.

You then say:which is not congruent with the first question above.

-----------

edit

P.S.
Jordan, I went on your site, and I believe that you are sincere in your efforts to speak out for the Christian faith, but I do have a big problem with your honesty on this thread.

You said above:but I see that your post asking "What exactly does a KJV-Onlyist believe" and whether or not you "fit into this [KJBO] category" is dated well after your video "KJV Only?" in which you emphatically state that you are NOT "KJVO". Does this not appear to be deceitful, Brother?
I made that video a couple weeks ago, I'm just here to understand and figure out what you guys believe. There are a lot of misconceptions about KJV-Onlyists and I am just trying to figure out if they are true or not.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I'm just here to understand and figure out what you guys believe.
I will take you at your word, and I, for one, am willing to discuss with you so that you can better understand where I stand. What remains, however, was that your earlier post regarding whether or not YOU were KJVO was disingenuous, based on your last post. I will accept that you worded the first question poorly, or that you unwisely tried to "slide into" a discussion by appearing neutral. You knew well already that you could not be described as KJVO before asking. You set off all kinds of alarms in the minds of serious defenders of the KJB by doing this.

Come at us straight and honestly, and as long as you are not abusive or critical of our personal faith, then there are plenty of people here who will talk with you. Seekers are always welcome. Those whose minds are made up should not expect to be free to argue their position as superior to the tenets of this forum. There are plenty of other places where we can bruise knuckles if desired, but not here.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I will take you at your word, and I, for one, am willing to discuss with you so that you can better understand where I stand. What remains, however, was that your earlier post regarding whether or not YOU were KJVO was disingenuous, based on your last post. I will accept that you worded the first question poorly, or that you unwisely tried to "slide into" a discussion by appearing neutral. You knew well already that you could not be described as KJVO before asking. You set off all kinds of alarms in the minds of serious defenders of the KJB by doing this.

Come at us straight and honestly, and as long as you are not abusive or critical of our personal faith, then there are plenty of people here who will talk with you. Seekers are always welcome. Those whose minds are made up should not expect to be free to argue their position as superior to the tenets of this forum. There are plenty of other places where we can bruise knuckles if desired, but not here.
Well I am not coming back here as a result of a user that goes by "George". He is a hateful man. You can feel free to contact me through my website if you would like to discuss further though. God bless!
Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I made that video a couple weeks ago, I'm just here to understand and figure out what you guys believe. There are a lot of misconceptions about KJV-Onlyists and I am just trying to figure out if they are true or not.
Its not really that hard to figure out WHAT we believe.
The promise that God made to preserve his Word For us is fulfilled in the King James Bible

According to the Following scripture, God Holds HIS WORD in the Highest regard.

Psalms 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalms 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

God also said that every one of his WORDS are Precious and pure. Knowing that the Lord said this can you still read and defend a modern counterfeit with Gods Words and HIS NAME removed so MANY times?
(For instance, niv removes almost 65, 000 words and I think 16 or 17 COMPLETE VERSES )
And removes the name JESUS, The name above ALL names! I am working of the top of my head here but it is around 38 times

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Not the Other way round!

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Deuteronomy 8:3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

In light of the above scripture God PROMISED to preserve EVERY Word

Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Psalms 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalms 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

What a clincher the above verse is!! The Lord said his Words would NOT pass away yet in modern counterfeits THEY HAVE!!

The Bible has some strong warning against those who tamper with Gods Word and I certainly DO NOT ever wish to be on the wrong side of the Lord.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Psalms 50:16 But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?
Psalms 50:17 Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.

I cannot go into manuscript History and the Like, there are many more learned Brethren on this Forum who can, But I know by Gods Spirit that modern counterfeits diminish His Word, Attack the Godhead, deny the Virgin Birth, Remove the Blood that was spilled in which we have redemption!!! and many other grievous errors that I pray the LORD opens your eyes to.

There is ONE Holy Book, preserved and without error and that my friend is the KJB the WORD OF GOD.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:55 PM

I am so glad this was a sticky! Thank you for this - it is an excellent study, summary and powerfully uses the Word of God. Will be printing this out. God bless you brother!!!!