Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM

Also Bro. James Beller has written an excellent book "America in Crimson Red" It is an excellent book on Baptist History. I am enjoying the posts and am learning so much. Thank you
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-12-2009, 10:13 PM

Question for you guys:

What exactly does a KJV-Onlyist believe. I'm curious to see if I fit into this category.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:15 AM

Look here:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245
Old 04-13-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Question for you guys:

What exactly does a KJV-Onlyist believe. I'm curious to see if I fit into this category.
Brother Try not to put yourself into a specific catagory, I dont know a lot about the textual issues (not nearly as much as many on the forum do) but I do know that the changes and ommisions in modern versions point me to the KJB as the Word of God perfectly preserved, LEAD only BY Gods Spirit when I read HIS WORD, I have been blessed to have only grown up with the KJB and I would call MYSELF a Born Again Bible Believing Christian and Gods Word has been preserved for me in His Holy Bible and I hold it in my hand and proclaim it!
Keep a Sword in your hand and keep it sharp.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM

Having glanced over some of the posts that Jordan has left on the forum I now realise that he is somewhat of a Bible corrector with an obvious agenda here on the forum and not as one seeking truth in Gods Holy Book. Unless of course this young man has accepted the truth that the KJB is THE BIBLE.
Somehow knowing the particular trend of "Christians" that come on the forum and deny God has preserved his Word, I doubt this young mans sincerity.

But I warn you Jordan, the Lord does not look to kindly upon those who come to malign and deceive the Brethren.

Job 5:13 He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.

1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Romans 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Having glanced over some of the posts that Jordan has left on the forum I now realise that he is somewhat of a Bible corrector with an obvious agenda here on the forum and not as one seeking truth in Gods Holy Book. Unless of course this young man has accepted the truth that the KJB is THE BIBLE.
Somehow knowing the particular trend of "Christians" that come on the forum and deny God has preserved his Word, I doubt this young mans sincerity.

But I warn you Jordan, the Lord does not look to kindly upon those who come to malign and deceive the Brethren.

Job 5:13 He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.

1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Romans 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
I'm not coming to deceive anyone. I'm just here trying to figure out what you all believe, that's all.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not coming to deceive anyone. I'm just here trying to figure out what you all believe, that's all.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.
The above Scripture you quoted is in light of Hypocritical Judgement. You are not here to see what we all think, you are here to craftily tell us that we are all WRONG (Highlighted by you own video Blog on your website) for believing in the KJB as the innerrant Word Of God and your own words and posts decieve you!
You have come not as one seeking answers, but as one stirring up contention.

What is YOUR final authority for ALL matters of faith and practice?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
The above Scripture you quoted is in light of Hypocritical Judgement. You are not here to see what we all think, you are here to craftily tell us that we are all WRONG (Highlighted by you own video Blog on your website) for believing in the KJB as the innerrant Word Of God and your own words and posts decieve you!
You have come not as one seeking answers, but as one stirring up contention.

What is YOUR final authority for ALL matters of faith and practice?
The Word of God
Old 04-13-2009, 01:14 PM

Jordan, you asked:
Quote:
Do you in any fashion think that you fit into a category of people defined as King James Version/Bible-Only? Are you sincerely asking this question as one who is not sure of his position? The reason that I ask is that your witness is not that of one who is uncertain and seeking advice.

You then say:
Quote:
I'm just here trying to figure out what you all believe, that's all.
which is not congruent with the first question above.

-----------

edit

P.S.
Jordan, I went on your site, and I believe that you are sincere in your efforts to speak out for the Christian faith, but I do have a big problem with your honesty on this thread.

You said above:
Quote:
I'm not coming to deceive anyone.
but I see that your post asking "What exactly does a KJV-Onlyist believe" and whether or not you "fit into this [KJBO] category" is dated well after your video "KJV Only?" in which you emphatically state that you are NOT "KJVO". Does this not appear to be deceitful, Brother?

Last edited by Brother Tim; 04-13-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
The Word of God
Hmm. Where is it?